FS: 2004, Jetta, Wagon, BEW/PD, 5 SPD (Connecticut)

ctnatureboy

Veteran Member
TDI
mk7 Golf R 6MT
I bought it brand new, have been the only driver of this vehicle, and it has never been crashed, flooded, or smoked-in. I'm getting out of VW, and diesel.

$13k
VIN# WVWSR61J45W042040
Clean/clear title in-hand
Manufactured in Germany
Jetta wagon
BEW/PD
5 Spd
Sun roof
Factory 23mm sway bar
Cold weather package (heated mirrors and heated seats (yes they both still work))
Currently 162k miles but still drive it every day
OEM Black heated leather (was cloth)
Malone Tune
Dieselgeek bypas oil filter
Fumoto oil drain valve
Luk DMF/clutch (~30k mi ago)
Kerma TDI Doggie Collar
Cat fuel filter
New OE battery
Dieselgeek Panzer skidplate with FMJ
Evolution Imports 1" lift
Full front end refresh Audi TT LCA bushings
New Koni Yellows with new bumpstops, strut mounts, bearings, and hardware
Vented fender liner
Zimmerman rotors
TRW pads
AARodriguez lifetime armrest hinge and latch
OEM Monster Mats
Volxtuning glass headlamp covers
Defender-Tech lift pump motor (OE tan lift pump)
4 General Altimax Artic tires (on Monterey's now) and 4 Altimax Summers (on seelies now)
Fresh alignment
Trans oil just changed with VW oil
Brake lines flushed with ATE Super Blue
New coolant reservoir
New lift pump gasket
Dieselgeek short shifter
Deluxe Dieselgeek timing belt kit installed at 154k
Franko6 Stage 2 chrome plated cam, nitrided lifters, slotted bearings
Turbo: VNT-17 from IDParts with new supply and return lines
Fresh oil change with 5-40 Lubromoly Diesel Hi-Tech @ 161k
Just installed Bosal hitch. Towed once just to test it.

No rust or rot but there are two small stone chips. One on the edge of the hood and one at the trailing edge of the left/rear wheel well. There are also a couple small dents from a crazy ex-wife incident.

Everything works. No electrical nightmares. VW changed the transmission some time ago under warranty due to a reverse gear issue. The glow plug and sunroof drain recall have been done.

I will not part out, accept low-ball offers, or ship. Have receipts for all.
*Kayak, cargo box, and cross bars not included*

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Ooh, another Indigo Blue Wagon. Sorry to see you move on to BMW, but good luck with the sale.

ctnatureboy

Veteran Member
TDI
mk7 Golf R 6MT

I'm not curbstoning; The skeivey industrial background is my work. I show-up late so I don't get very good parking spots.

ctnatureboy

Veteran Member
TDI
mk7 Golf R 6MT
What are you asking? If you want best offer try ebay :p
I'm not interested in or ready to sell it this week. Honestly this car has been well cared for and deserves to go to someone who will be willing to give it the proper care and maintenance it needs to stay that way for long long time to come. I'd be a shame to send it off to some ignorant bidder and just know that all of this attention went to waste and that it end up in a crusher prematurely but HEY! Now that I think of it like that, once it eats turbo shrapnel one of you guys will probably pick it up for a song and keep a local guru in business! Guess it doesn't really matter after all!

As for

AND

Ant-------

You guys are kind creepin me out... ;)

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
The title should have been "Feeler", not "for sale".
A lot can happen between now and February.
At least tell me how much I have to save up in the next 6~8 weeks.

ctnatureboy

Veteran Member
TDI
mk7 Golf R 6MT
The title should have been "Feeler", not "for sale".
A lot can happen between now and February.
At least tell me how much I have to save up in the next 6~8 weeks.
I'm not feeling anybody (right now). :D The car is for sale. Unless you're a dealer or have a wad of cash under you pillow and live next door to me (no such luck) it's going to take at least a few days/weeks to get the new parts into the car, sort out the serious buyers who will need to secure funds, and coordinate transfer of the car especially with the holidays. Just trying to be realistic...

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
^ without posting price, many people won't take this ad seriously (just saying if you want to sell, post a price) otherwise you risk either getting bombarded with low offers or the other extreme of getting no response due to lack of price being posted

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
The BMW transition has already happened. :eek:

Could not resist--I think my cars are priceless, so I get it... and an Audi habit to fund. So I double get it. Good luck with your sale.

ctnatureboy

Veteran Member
TDI
mk7 Golf R 6MT
:eek:
Good luck with that.
Thanks but I shouldn't need it. The car will sell itself.

The BMW transition has already happened. :eek:

Could not resist--I think my cars are priceless, so I get it... and an Audi habit to fund. So I double get it. Good luck with your sale.
I am not committed to the BMW yet so neither the transaction nor the transition has happened yet.

I posted for sale here for lots of reasons and expect to be all-out flamed for my asking price but it's not emotional at all. It's comprised of a median base value taken from NADA and KBB (which vary by a quite a bit) and heaping my receipts on top. I come up with a number that is more than $15k but I want to actually sell the car so this is where I start. The 17/22 is a full $1000 more than the KP-39 so if someone here whats to go that way the the price can be adjusted accordingly but my main motivation for going Garrett over BW is the vane actuator which is a personal sore spot with me (and a lot of others once they actually check the condition of their actuator and find that there is NO replacement to be had).

There was an offer for $7k but I thought to myself; selling at that price I would keep it and drive it till the wheels fall off (which is by far the most rational decision I could possibly arrive at) and I just may end up doing that but I've been bitten by the M3 bug and simply can't shake it. If I keep this car I will continually try to make it an M3 and when I'm done I will have poured $30k in a 4-cyl wagon to make it comparable to what is stock on the BMW (mileage excluded).

Just trying to short circuit the madness and get out sooner than later.

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
nice upgrades but unfortunately you only get back a fraction of your investment, unless a particular buyer is specifically looking for what you have.