2011 Mark VI Jettas

TDICanucker

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Hey All!

I haven't seen any real discussion here about the new 2011 Mark 6 jettas. They're at the Detroit International Autoshow, does anyone have any pics? Did a few searches on google and didnt really come up with much. I'm gonna be there on Thursday so I'll get some shots for everyone.

Cheers,

TDIC

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I hope they have it at the DC auto show at the end of this month.

That said, any interest from fellow club members in meeting at the DC auto show and having a little fun peppering the VW folk with questions about HPFP failures, DSG slamming, etc. etc.? We could really teach them about the cars they're selling!

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
tdiatlast said:

That said, any interest from fellow club members in meeting at the DC auto show and having a little fun peppering the VW folk with questions about HPFP failures, DSG slamming, etc. etc.? We could really teach them about the cars they're selling!
Hahahahahahahahha! Thats a good one! I overheard someone ask one of the male VW spokes people at the Detroit Show. ''What's the difference between gas and diesel?'' The spokes person replied '' You get better GAS mileage with diesel'' Good luck on any HPFP info.

Dweisel

rix337

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
There are some nice renderings on the vwvortex website. It will be one beautiful car for sure. I really like it which means once I get used to it, I will really LOVE it.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Saw the Coupe at the Detroit show. And there's a great article on vwvortex, as mentioned above.

I guess this means that the reason the Jettas didn't go to the MKVI platform when the Golf did is because it's not going to be the same platform. Golf smaller, Jetta bigger. I like that idea.

TwoTone

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta (sold)
tdiatlast said:

LOL that's funny, we could meet up and ask them after the cam/DMF failure pf the early models and HPFP failers on the newer ones, does VW think they can get it right this time around.