www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old August 6th, 2014, 12:36   #16
higgledy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTipton View Post
I've had my 2013 Sportwagen TDI since 8/26/13 and already have over 14K miles on it. It is a wonderful vehicle. I'm about to go from San Francisco area to San Diego, and I look forward to a comfortable and affordable drive.

So here's my concern/beef/irritating occurrence. The dealership was so confident that I could tow with my new SW that they GAVE me an installed trailer hitch and a 5 year/100K warranty. Less than one week after buying, I find out that I CANNOT tow because mine has the 6 speed automatic. :-| I bought the vehicle to pull a small Aliner camper trailer.

Now that I've stopped crying intermittently, can some one tell me if they have had problem-free towing of 1800 lb. loads? If not, I'll put away my kleenex and buy a tent, but as an old widow lady with a big dog, I'm not so sure that's a good idea. Any input?

Okay, sorry about using the emoticons. I won't do it again...

Serious, you cannot tow with a DSG on a TDI Golf either? What about a hitch-mounted bike rack?
higgledy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2014, 09:17   #17
Spindrift

TDI(s): 2010 Jetta

Is there such a thing as a decent service manual for the 2010 model year? I'm beginning to get killed on repair bills...all related to the EGR and other emission stuff. I've got to find a way to start doing some of this work myself. I'm so darn frustrated at this point you can't imagine. Whatever I've saved in mileage, I've wasted with the repair bills related to emission equipment. Most recent failure is this exhaust valve not operating which they want to replace.
Old September 15th, 2014, 11:56   #18
TDI<wagen>

Fuel Economy: 5.4L/100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
Is there such a thing as a decent service manual for the 2010 model year? I'm beginning to get killed on repair bills...all related to the EGR and other emission stuff. I've got to find a way to start doing some of this work myself. I'm so darn frustrated at this point you can't imagine. Whatever I've saved in mileage, I've wasted with the repair bills related to emission equipment. Most recent failure is this exhaust valve not operating which they want to replace.
I had one failed at 60 or 65k km on my 2011 JSW and they've replaced it under warranty. I would recommend www.myturbodiesel.com website in addition to TDI club forum - these two have most of the service procedures required and it saves me a lot of time and $$$
Old May 18th, 2015, 13:39   #19
tokie

Fuel Economy: absolutely superb

soINtdi,
I've got to replace the vents on my center console also. Did you find it easy or hard to do? Any tips are appreciated.
tokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2015, 07:26   #20
bbyers285

I too have a few louvers in the center console vents that I need to attempt to pop back into place. Any advice or words of wisdom would be much appreciated. If I can't repair, I'll need to replace the vent. Kids these days...