270bhp on stock injectors? (PD130 ASZ)

Sheppy

TDI
Polo GT TDi, 2260, Stock injectors, 225bhp
Lol, bet that dyno kicks out plenty of World records
the most i have seen someone run (not my tune!) is 47degrees, car made 240hp and TONS of smoke, SOI was stock on this too.
Most you have seen is 240 on stock injectors, are you trying to suggest that this dyno is so badly calibrated that it reads 54bhp over?Or are we now finally accepting that stock injectors are not limited to 230bhp and that 270, 280, 250, <insert power figure here up to 294bhp> is actually possible?1/4 mile time checks out too...
Worth noting that Luis Silva has been running his car at these figures for 2 years now.

Love how salty, ignorant and closed minded everyone has been on this topic ever since it was started, and on multiple forums too :D

Last edited:

Sheppy

TDI
Further evidence. As I noted 294 was the lowest reading so far... here is 300bhp

On stock injectors
Stock camshaft
Stock seat sport intercooler
"The gains mentioned above are only valid if you have reached the limit of the stock camshaft (~260-270bhp) "
ummm... really?

\

MAHA dyno results coming soon...!

Last edited:

bhodgkiss

Veteran Member
TDI
AFN Passat Wagon
The dyno measures whp.
So you can only quote whp unless you take the engine out and stick it on a rig.
If we're going to be picky....... :)
You can estimate whatever loss you like through the transmission, but you are guessing, surely?
What was the whp figure?

Also we need the weight of your car to compare 1/4 mile times (and also the 60ft time, which is above?), otherwise its a pointless discussion.

Arent some PD130 injectors 520cc and some 550cc? So are you comparing apples with apples?

Finally, what are your EGTs?

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
We have seen a car gain 70HP driving from our place to another dyno.

Glad to hear many people all over the world are wrong

I have a few files sent to me for inspection and 54 to 62 degrees duration is just plain silly, to make the above remotely possible this is what numbers you would be looking at

skillaturbos

TDI
SEAT IBIZA 6L CUPRA TDI
It's really sad to read those coments....
People I'm not type of person to create stupid internet fights. I don't need you guys to believe me. I GUARANTEE I only have turbo 2060vklr and STOCK ORIGINAL OEM injectors.
If you can't achieved don't be jealous at this point.
300bhp or 294bhp don't care if you don't believe either. Santapod done 13.28 and 13.45 this last time. Heavy wheels and chinese tyres.
Dyno is not accurate???
I'll go for a MAHA dyno soon, not to proof you guys anything but yes for my own learning experience.
Your dyno is as bad as many others... of course only your own is the BEST.... crap conversation...
Grow up people...
Yes I have £1000 investment on my car which beats yours £5000 investments....

Well sorry to be so honest but don't try make others people's projects bad and yours is not better....

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
You see these comments everywhere somebody has got better results than their own, no surprise here.
Cant wait to prove them wrong once again.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Hats off to anyone pushing the boundaries on a budget, that's what the forums are about.

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
How much duration do you have to run to get these figures?
What are the egt's sustained in higher gears?
How much smoke?
What is the lambda across the range?
Approx 5 years ago I had ran my ARL with approx. 40deg duration for about 25k (230hp with a hybrid) after which I removed the head to do some head work.
I had two cracked pistons even though the engine ran fine.
Making these figures is only one side of the story for me - people don't want huge amounts of smoke and they want their engines to last hence why I always change injectors when the have reached close to 40deg.
For most they would rather change the nozzles than have cracked pistons - so its a false economy.
However, every case is different for example I done some work on a T5 2.5pd recently 40deg duration with 880deg egt's sustained (3rd, 4th and 5th WOT). The van has zero smoke, but they run 520cc injectors.

Cheers
Bobby

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
what power did the 5 pot make with this high duration and what boost? would be good to compare to 4 pot engine.

martin33100

Veteran Member
TDI
VW T5 2.5
It's my T5 2.5 in question, I still want to get it checked on another dyno though as I was expecting no where near this power but in the past we have seen sensible figures from JD Modified's dyno cell. They ran it 8 times on the dyno and said the figures were correct when I questioned it.
For a 2.5 ton van with the aerodynamics of a brick its quick so maybe it does have this power.

martin33100

Veteran Member
TDI
VW T5 2.5
It's my T5 2.5 in question, I still want to get it checked on another dyno though as I was expecting no where near this power but in the past we have seen sensible figures from JD Modified's dyno cell. They ran it 8 times on the dyno and said the figures were correct when I questioned it.
For a 2.5 ton van with the aerodynamics of a brick its quick so maybe it does have this power.

Festa

Veteran Member
TDI
Vw t5 van
The problem with most dynos is the discrepancy :confused: jdm's dyno had three vans on and one done well, one was ok and one was down on power compared to another dyno. I'm using +50 farid nozzles but has soi @37° I believe but is only making 280bhp

martin33100

Veteran Member
TDI
VW T5 2.5
The problem with most dynos is the discrepancy :confused: jdm's dyno had three vans on and one done well, one was ok and one was down on power compared to another dyno. I'm using +50 farid nozzles but has soi @37° I believe but is only making 280bhp
May be 37 degs duration, SOI @ 37 degs would have lifted your head right off!!

Festa

Veteran Member
TDI
Vw t5 van
Chris you don't have 37deg soi ;)
You have turbo rather than fuelling issues. Take it to JD for comparison.
Once the clutch is done then I will:) a spirited drive has the clutch slipping in all gears except 1st soi have decided on a dmf with twin plates

martin33100

Veteran Member
TDI
VW T5 2.5
Once the clutch is done then I will:) a spirited drive has the clutch slipping in all gears except 1st soi have decided on a dmf with twin plates
Have you found a twin plate clutch that is thin enough to use a DMF?

skillaturbos

TDI
SEAT IBIZA 6L CUPRA TDI
How much smoke?
Approx 5 years ago I had ran my ARL with approx. 40deg duration for about 25k (230hp with a hybrid) after which I removed the head to do some head work.
Making these figures is only one side of the story for me - people don't want huge amounts of smoke and they want their engines to last hence why I always change injectors when the have reached close to 40deg.
For most they would rather change the nozzles than have cracked pistons - so its a false economy.
However, every case is different for example I done some work on a T5 2.5pd recently 40deg duration with 880deg egt's sustained (3rd, 4th and 5th WOT). The van has zero smoke, but they run 520cc injectors.

Cheers
Bobby
Duration, lambda, egts....
As I said I don't need to proof nothing to anyone.
Smoke?
Here it is:
https://youtu.be/uKswpYVGoNs

Dyno values I can test my car at your dyno if you want. More than happy to go one day

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Looks like some NOS in there maybe

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
10hp @ 300hp maybe? usually we strap them hard

Dyno's are a tuning tool, not the be all and end all

martin33100

Veteran Member
TDI
VW T5 2.5
10hp @ 300hp maybe? usually we strap them hard

Dyno's are a tuning tool, not the be all and end all
My mates Pendle 250 hybrid kit did 255hp on JD Modified's dyno and with a bigger turbo and different mapping mine did 287hp, that is a massive difference for just a turbo change, bigger turbine and comp wheel etc.
But as Bobby has said my van is smoke free on this new turbo even at 40 degs duration.

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Duration, lambda, egts....
As I said I don't need to proof nothing to anyone.
Smoke?
Here it is:
https://youtu.be/uKswpYVGoNs

Dyno values I can test my car at your dyno if you want. More than happy to go one day
Thanks for the reply - I'm sorry but you can't come on here claim you have x amount of hp from stock nozzles then say you don't need to give evidence of asked data.

The car is very quick and its impressive time no doubt. But a car in real life does more than 1/4 mile and sustained load is higher throughout the gear during wot runs (like top speed), hence why I asked for egt. When tuning a car you can't just look at the peak figures it's producing and say its safe.

There was another video of your car on the dyno I found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfkPx-An3X0

Do you find this level of smoke acceptable?

If you want to go to the dyno I use please feel free - Surrey Rolling Road I use.

Ryan - I did think maybe some nos but it wasn't mentioned in the spec.

skillaturbos

TDI
SEAT IBIZA 6L CUPRA TDI
Looks like some NOS in there maybe
LOL
I'm not going to waste my time with your coment....
Really????
So first not possible to be STD injectors
Now you say I have NOS.....

no I NEVER ran NOS.
I ONLY have SKILLATURBOS 2060 +SKILLATURBOS REMAP.
I'm happy to go to your dyno and you can inspect my car as much as you want. Also want to see there as many as possible costumers so everyone with doubts can clarify.

This is my last post here. Absolutely waste of time argue with people like you...
As I said before, my car is not to be better than anyone but yes for me to learn and see what possible achievements I can get.
Big thanks for many people sending messages of support.

skillaturbos

TDI
SEAT IBIZA 6L CUPRA TDI
Thanks for the reply - I'm sorry but you can't come on here claim you have x amount of hp from stock nozzles then say you don't need to give evidence of asked data.

The car is very quick and its impressive time no doubt. But a car in real life does more than 1/4 mile and sustained load is higher throughout the gear during wot runs (like top speed), hence why I asked for egt. When tuning a car you can't just look at the peak figures it's producing and say its safe.

There was another video of your car on the dyno I found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfkPx-An3X0

Do you find this level of smoke acceptable?

If you want to go to the dyno I use please feel free - Surrey Rolling Road I use.

Ryan - I did think maybe some nos but it wasn't mentioned in the spec.
Where is the smoke at high revs????
The question here is not how I setup my cars or my costumers. The only question was people saying not possible I running a 2060 turbo and std injection and make this sort of power.

skillaturbos

TDI
SEAT IBIZA 6L CUPRA TDI
The power on my car is not just a small peak. If you understand dyno lines you may change your mind:

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
You should be happy that vw has decided to put into your car biggest nozzles out there as stock. Everybody else seems to have smaller ones. Or just a lack of knowledge about tuning.

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Where is the smoke at high revs????
The question here is not how I setup my cars or my costumers. The only question was people saying not possible I running a 2060 turbo and std injection and make this sort of power.
I don't think you are getting my point - Turning up duration to make x amount power is one thing, but its a different thing to claim its safe.
You think smokefree top end makes it ok to keep increasing duration?

Governing factor is egt (and lambda for available air)

Look at the video posted by Martin its smokefree but egt's are 880deg.

Last edited:

Sheppy

TDI
How much smoke?

Cheers
Bobby
Bobby you are really missing the point of these forums and diesel tuning innovation by asking these questions around sustained EGTs. Every car is tuned in different ways with different goals in mind. Skillaturbo is tuning his own car himself and is enjoying exploring and pushing the limits. He seems to be tuning the top end of his car to complete 1/4 mile drags not take the car on Nordschleife and survive Dottingher Hohe or the fast uphill sections. So what's the point in asking about sustained EGT temps?

Bobby Singh said:
I don't think you are getting my point - Turning up duration to make x amount power is one thing, but its a different thing to claim its safe.
You think smokefree top end makes it ok to keep increasing duration?

Governing factor is egt (and lambda for available)

Look at the video posted by Martin its smokefree but egt's are 880deg.
Noone claimed it's "safe"... unless I missed something? But I'm sure you can deduce what is and what isn't safe yourself, as explained above it's proably "safe" to run these durations for a few 1/4 mile drags 3 times per year, but not take the car out on a track day

Bobby Singh said:
Yes he can? Or can you point me to the forum rules that says something like "people cannot discuss their achievements and findings with research related activites without a gruelling from vendors and tuners who have not achieved the same". What do you think this forum is about? Who are you to say what people can and cannot discuss here? Why are your minds all so closed you have to shut someone down and discourage talk which I find very factually interesting and is completely in line with the discussion objectives of the forum? He doesn't need to give anything you ask. You should be grateful that someone has risked their own personal hardware to pistons cracking and turbos melting in order really push the limits and actually come here, share the results, show what can be done and spark a discussion. The industry needs more of this. If anyone is breaking forum rules it should be you by discouraging this work and pushing the thread off topic - towards what people can and cannot say and away from the technical aspects of the hardware and tuning. Shame on you!

I think it's absolutely disgusting the attitute of some of these comments and it puts me off wanting to read topics on the forums, funnily enough these comments always appear to come from tuners or vendors who are salty that they either cannot achieve it themselves/are too lazy or cheap to do some research and development themselves or feel it might raise the expectations of their customers towards something they cannot offer them as it's deemed "unsafe". Like I said, it depends on the use cases of the car in question.

ryanp said:
Hats off to anyone pushing the boundaries on a budget, that's what the forums are about.
Finally. Couldn't say it better myself. Thank you for appreciating and recognising his efforts

Don't be discouraged skillaturbos, there are still people here who do appreciate and are enthusiastic to see your results. Good job

Last edited: