Delete

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Very Nice! Yeah, it would be great if we could get that in North America.:)

If there is anyway to resize the pictures, that would very helpful. Even on my 22" monitors they don't even come close to fitting.;)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Useless tiny little bed. What's the point of a truck with that? It is basically a jacked up sedan with the trunk lid missing.

Still, if they offered a regular cab long bed version, I'm in. :)

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
Useless tiny little bed. What's the point of a truck with that? It is basically a jacked up sedan with the trunk lid missing.

Towing doesn't need a long bed. I'd expect a vehicle like that to take a class IV hitch.

You'd be able to haul DH mountain bikes in that fine too.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The BED is over NINE FEET long??? That does not sound right. Wikipedia shows the longest bed (on a model called "XXL") to be 7'3", which sounds about right, and would be what I would want, with the single cab.

But we won't ever get them here, so it won't matter.

Last edited:

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d
The BED is over NINE FEET long??? That does not sound right. Wikipedia shows the longest bed (on a model called "XXL") to be 7'3", which sounds about right, and would be what I would want, with the single cab.
But we won't ever get them here, so it won't matter.
There are three wheelbases for the Amarok, Standard (3095mm), XL (3405mm) and XXL (3745mm). -> XXL adds 2' of wheelbase.

The Standard has a 2205mm bed with the SC and a 1555mm bed with the DC.
-> the shortest Amarok already has a 7'3" bed with the SC. Going XXL adds 2' obviously, so it's a bit over 9 ft.

Doesn't matter for Europeans either, because it looks like they discontinoued the single cab for the European market when the Amarok went all-V6.
Going XXL on a DC makes it have the SC's standard bed, so you can absolutely have an Amarok DC XXL with a 7'3" bed...

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I wish I didn't know the Amarok came in all those configurations. I hate the short bed pickups and every Amarok I've seen was a double cab, short bed so I've never really wanted one. I would get a doublecab with a 6' bed. Its amazing to me that with all of the pickup trucks on the roads in the US that there isn't a business case for them to build and sell them here. But I do trust that VW has evaluated it and determined it doesn't pencil out.

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
So, like 99% of pickemup trucks sold in North America today? They'd be fine, as long as they can convince urbanites who can't even conceive of an actual working truck that their peni will be 6 inches longer.

DieselDeeds

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI S-Line + Black Optics Package
The wife and I just got back in the states from visiting her fam in Russia and those Amaroks are cool looking trucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Mexico has them... I lived in Mozambique for a couple years, I saw quite a few of those, and drooled often... They had the 2.0bi turbo TDI and the single cab 4x2 could get 45-50mpg!
I of course would want the 4x4, but still...
I heard of one that they put a 4.2 v8 TDI in, that would be really cool too!

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
these lil trucks look awesome, i wish we could get them over here. kinda like a ford ranger. I don't love the look of the front/grill of them but whatever, for a small truck im sure they do good