2011 JSW TDI Odometer not counting

jeepnguy

TDI
2011 JSW
My odometer is counting from 133590 to 133593 then goes back to 133590. I know I have at least an additional 15,000 since I noticed. What can I do to wake it up? The trip meter works, and the maintenance mileage clock works. Funny thing is, dealership said nothing when i brought it in for my oil change, even when it read the same mileage from 4 months ago when I changed it last time :p

Thanks

Jeff

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I think our 2011 did the same thing only it started at 30k miles or so and we had the cluster replaced under warranty. I think I read about several other people having the same issue.

Its the only repair that we ever had to make for the car in 130k miles other than tires, filters and fluids.

jeepnguy

TDI
2011 JSW
So dealership said that the cluster will need to be replaced. They said that there is no way to look up the actual mileage. Anyone know where to pull the mileage from or is it even possible?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The EDC15 and 16 TDIs have the mileage stored in the engine controller. This is what you have to go by once the car exceeds 999,999 km (which for us dumb Americans gets displayed as 621,xxx miles or so).

I am not sure if the EDC17 cars have it, but I would sure think they would if the older cars did.

Hopefully one of the tuners can chime in here. I have a 2011 sedan here today, I will look myself.

Edit: found it. Group 085, Block 1.

:)

Last edited:

jeepnguy

TDI
2011 JSW
Yep. I went on a week long trip for work, came back and my battery was deader than dead. Replaced it, and now my Odometer works. Thinking a complete drain on the system might have reset something. So, I got about 20K bonus miles ;-)