New TDI Owner

14PassatTDISE

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
Bought my first diesel car ever yesterday - 2014 Passat TDI SE ( as you can tell from my username, lol)

Paid $26250 + tax & DMV, traded in my 07 Jetta Wolfsburg with 130,000 miles for $5250.

Felt like I got an OK deal.

Pics coming soon.

Glad to be part of the Club.

USCGTO

TDI
Passat TDi 6M
Bought my first diesel car ever yesterday - 2014 Passat TDI SE ( as you can tell from my username, lol)
Paid $26250 + tax & DMV, traded in my 07 Jetta Wolfsburg with 130,000 miles for $5250.
Felt like I got an OK deal.
Pics coming soon.
Glad to be part of the Club.

Welcome.

Prices you pay depend on location / color / etc. And so your price is perfect as long as you feel you did okay. :) Is yours 6 spd manual.

I bought the TDi SE 3 weeks ago and already put like 2k miles on it.

14PassatTDISE

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
Welcome.
Prices you pay depend on location / color / etc. And so your price is perfect as long as you feel you did okay. :) Is yours 6 spd manual.
I bought the TDi SE 3 weeks ago and already put like 2k miles on it.
Thanks. I live in Thousand Oaks, CA.

Its auto with sunroof, color platinum grey exterior, grey interior, but it already had 200 miles on it when i bought it. I think it was a trade from another dealer 150 miles away.

Love the car so far.

pedorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Sport
Thanks. I live in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Its auto with sunroof, color platinum grey exterior, grey interior, but it already had 200 miles on it when i bought it. I think it was a trade from another dealer 150 miles away.
Love the car so far.
Well, howdy neighbor! Congrats on the purchase!

-Lee

wardog

TDI
2014 Passat TDI DSG Reflex Silver Passat SE with Navi
Sounds good to me. I just bought an SE w/navi for 26.6 here in San Diego. Did your SE come with 18 inch wheels?

Last edited:

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
SE+Nav has 18's chrome strips and fog lights where as the model without nav can retain the sunroof but doesn't have 18's or fog lights.
Here is my '13 SE+Nav last year when It was a week old:

14PassatTDISE

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
Sounds good to me. I just bought an SE w/navi for 27.6 here in San Diego. Did your SE come with 18 inch wheels?
Yes, it has 18 inch wheels and sunroof, no Navi though (I use my phone for navigation).

I have been averaging 40 MPG on my 50 mile daily commute. Love the car so far. Much quieter than my 07 Jetta, lol.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
they must have changed the optional packages in 14 and I still use Google nav even with the car having nav, worlds better and faster!

ABS

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT
OP. Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the forum! The mileage will only get better as she breaks in. Be sure to check out the TDI FAQ section, there's some great info there to help get you started with your new love affair.

jrm, I havent been back to Oregon in about 10 years, your pic is awesome. That is some beautiful country! ... you car looks nice too ;-)

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
OP, same combo as mine. I have the 17 inch wheels however and mine is a 12 model. Mine is fixing to turn 60k soon (driving less now that the wife drives it primarily) and it has given me no trouble whatsoever.

14PassatTDISE

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
Just got her back from the tint shop. 2600 miles so far, averaging 41 MPG.

Last edited: