For Sale - 2002 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI

ADTOTA

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon GLS, 2000 GLS
This wagon was bought in the summer of 2002 from Clear Lake Volkswagen in Houston, Texas. My parents had it transported up to Louisville, Kentucky. My parents kept the car in Kentucky from this time until July 2006, when they gave it to me. It has not been smoked in its entire life.

All service between 2002 and July 2006 was completed at Bachman Auto Group (VW Dealer) in Louisville, Kentucky. The first oil change was at 5,088 miles and every oil change after that was completed at the manufacturer recommended 10,000 mile interval with synthetic oil. The windows were professionally tinted in 2006 at Roberts Mobile Electronics and Enhancements.

From July 2006 to July 2007 I had the wagon in Pensacola, Florida, with no major repairs or services required. In July 2007 I moved to Corpus Christi, Texas. At this point I started completing basic oil changes (still every 10,000 miles and full synthetic). While in Corpus Christi the wagon developed a leak where the windshield wiper power harness passes through the firewall. I removed the entire interior, including carpet and insulation and thoroughly dried everything. Fortunately there was no damage to any of the wiring or the body of the car. I dried and cleaned the carpet and insulation before reinstalling everything. The leaking part was replaced at Coastal Motorcars in Corpus Christi. The battery was also replaced during this time. The wagon was also backed into in a parking lot where it was dented in the front, right quarter panel. I never bothered fixing it as it is not terribly noticeable, but I did get an estimate for it while in Texas and it was around $500.

In June 2007 I moved to Meridian, Mississippi. During this timeframe I still conducted the routine maintenance. At 80,000 miles I had the timing belt (and water pump) replaced as part of the 80K service at Deuce McAllister Imports in Jackson, MS. The oil pan was replaced as well. The 90K service was performed at Volksdoktor Import in Louisville, KY. The 100K service was performed at Bachman Auto Group in Louisville, KY.

In October 2008, I relocated to New Bern, North Carolina where I have continued to do the routine maintenance. New tires were installed in January 2009. Recently the wagon was backed into another car in a parking lot resulting in a couple of scratches and a broken tail light. The plastic underskirt (center portion) also finally gave up so I removed it and haven’t replaced it. Current mileage is around 137,000.

I have all of the service records for the wagon as well as the original paperwork that was included when my parents bought the car.

COSMETIC ISSUES
EXTERIOR
-Right front quarter panel dented as mentioned above.
-Small rock chips in hood, with one slightly large one.
-Small rock chip in the windshield.
-Black plastic under front bumper creased slightly from parking curb.
-Front passenger door has a shopping cart dent.
-Left rear taillight broken.
-A couple of small scratches on left rear bumper.
-Small nick/dent in the paint on drivers side door pillar.
-Tar/gum stuck to bottom of driver’s side doors.
-Two small scratches in driver’s side front bumper.
-Top of back bumper has some scratches from loading/unloading car.
INTERIOR
-Driver’s side seat slight worn on outside edge.
-Trim coating coming off (although it’s actually nicer without the rubber coating)
-Sunscreen on rear passenger seat.
-Some small scratches in the rear cargo area plastic trim.

MECHANICAL ISSUES
-Tires only have 16,000 miles on them but have cupped. Not sure if it’s the tires or the car. It hasn’t happen
before, but I have the exact same tires on my other Jetta and the same thing has happened.
-Rotors slightly warped. This is fairly common for these style Jettas and it’s usually the rear rotors. It’s an
easy job to replace the rotors and pads.

I’m selling the car because my wife and I are expecting and we just got a boat as well. We need to move up to something that can move kids, dog and the boat. Asking price is $7250. Please PM, email (2002jettawagonforsale@gmail.com) or call at 502-494-6208 if you have any comments, questions or would like to see more detailed pictures. Thanks for looking!

Standard Features
PERFORMANCE/HANDLING
-1.9 liter, 90 horsepower, 4 cylinder, Turbo Direct Injection diesel engine
-Front wheel drive
-Power rack and pinion steering
-Independent strut front suspension
-Torsion beam rear suspension
-15” alloy wheels with all season tires
-Full size steel spare wheel

SAFETY/DURABILITY
-Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
-Daytime running lights
-Front and side impact airbag supplemental restraints for front passengers
-Height adjustable front safety belts with emergency tensioning retractors
-Rear 3-point safety belts and head restraints; all three seating positions
-Child safety rear door locks
-Anti-intrusion side impact beams and padding in doors
-Side Curtain Protection ™
-Immobilizer III theft deterrent system
-Front and rear power assisted disc brakes

COMFORT/CONVENIENCE
-Height adjustable front seats
-Rear reading lights
-Cruise control
-Height adjustable, telescoping steering column
-Remote releases for fuel filler flap
-Air conditioning, CFC-free with pollen, dust and odor filter
-Side power mirrors, heated
-Dual illuminated front visor vanity mirrors
-60/40 split folding rear seat (lockable)
-Power central locking system
-Power windows with pinch protection. Front windows with automatic one touch feature, operable only from driver’s side
-Remote keyless locking
-Front and rear carpeted floor mats
-Roof rails
-Front center arm rest
-Cargo area cover
-Rear wiper/washer system with intermittent wipe feature
-Front and rear carpeted floor mats
-Power outlet (SAE size) in cargo area

SPECIAL FEATURES AT NO CHARGE
-Anti-theft alarm system for vehicle and radio
-Premium AM/FM cassette sound system with 8 speakers
-Folding ignition key with remote transmitter

PACKAGES/OPTIONS
-Baltic Green
-Black Leather Interior
-Leather Package Including: Multifunction Steering Wheel
-Power Sunroof
-4-Speed Automatic Transmission, Adaptive
-Monsoon ® Sound System

ADTOTA

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon GLS, 2000 GLS
Okay, both the wagon and my 2000 sedan are up for sale now that the holidays are over. One of them has to go, so we'll see which one goes first...

The wagon is getting brand new Bridgestones put on it right now and an alignment to take care of the uneven tread wear. I'm going to look into getting a new tail light as well.

Asking price is $7,250. Let me know if you have any questions!
502-494-6208
2002jettawagonforsale@gmail.com

jcw

TDI
'01 GLS sedan, 5-speed, 190k miles; '03 GLS wagon, 5 speed, 155k miles
Nice car. Thanks for all the details. If this was a 5-speed we'd be very interested in it. Based on what I've seen selling recently this car should go quickly.

TDI WannaBe

TDI
2002 Baltic Wagon
Sold!

Well this is my first offical post as a new TDI owner. I took possesion this morning of ADTOTA's wagon.:)

I am looking forward to getting to know her as this is my first TDI I have a little work ahead of me and alot to learn I am sure.

I guess I will need to change my account name as I am no longer
"TDI WannaBe".

Thank you ADTOTA, I will take good care of her.:)

kynimrod

TDI
'09 Sportwagen TDI
congrats!

Hey great news for ADTOTA! Great car for new buyer from a great guy!(the seller)
Time to prepare for the new addition coming!
Look forward to seeing pictures!
Terrell