1Z engine and vnt15 turbo vacuum hoses help needed

gyalaj

TDI
Golf mk3
Hi guys
I just installed a vnt15 in my 1Z(free turbo from a friend) and in dire need of a diagram how to connect up the vacuum hoses. I have the ECU and the sensors that came from the engine the turbo was on. I also have an EGR delete on it, so the second question is which hoses to block off . Thanks in advance

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
The VNT is vacuum operated, the stock TC had a pressure operated wastegate. The hose routing drawings are on this site if you do some searching but I don't think it's as simple as fixing the hoses.

Off hand a major thing I can think of is going to be the manifold pressure. The 1Z manifold pressure sensor is in the ECU, the motors with VNT's have it on the intake manifold.

The MAF's are different. Maybe other instrumentation. Clusters?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
you cant just swap a VTN into a 1z. as KLXD states, the VTN is vacuum controlled and the 1z turbos and MAP run off boost. you can convert it but its a bit complicated.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It would be much easier to just use the correct turbocharger.

If you want to swap things around, you'll need a lot of things, and if you have to ask, it probably is too much trouble, as the various platforms and engine codes VAG used (especially in your area) is pretty daunting.

It can be done, though, but you have not given us much of any information to go on as to what you actually have from what car.