Finally a New TDI

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Deletes have been out for quite a while now, granted if you are going for "phase 2 fix" it'd be best to hold off deleting anything.
Sorry should have clarified... Im trying to wait until I can afford a rawtek delete kit.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Yours look like Durbans.

Looks like they run about $360 each new. Part 5G0-601-025-G-88Z.

Note, picture is not accurate here, but this is the best price found in a quick Google search: https://www.ordereuroparts.com/oem-...0JA2aYaTD9WArrIri0WR04B_iPtNK7U8aAp9HEALw_wcB
Thanks for all this! Found them for 290 here:https://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/22794/aly69989-volkswagen-golf-wheel-silver-painted-5g0601025g88z.html

I wonder if i posted in wanted classifieds if anyone has some laying around. They might have some on VWVortex too.

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Thanks for all this! Found them for 290 here:https://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/22794/aly69989-volkswagen-golf-wheel-silver-painted-5g0601025g88z.html

I wonder if i posted in wanted classifieds if anyone has some laying around. They might have some on VWVortex too.
Careful with that site. In the fine print at bottom:

The majority of wheels we offer are (OEM) wheels, reconditioned to factory specifications. Depending on the rim, we may also offer brand new replicas, or new takeoff wheels.

Make sure you heed this passage: Unless requested via e-mail or phone, the customer may receive any one of these.

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Never planned on buying from them lol Really trying to find both wheels for like $150-200 which is probably impossible.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI

Anybody have a part number (or even better know where to purchase) for these rear hatch "wind diffusers".

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Left 5G6-805-945-C-041
Right
5G6-805-946-C-041
Are those for the GSW or for the Golf? I think I read on the Vortex forum that they differ for the different models.

Also, I tried to ask a part supplier in the US, EEuro, to get them, but they do not stock them. Seems we need to order from a supplier outside of North America.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Are those for the GSW or for the Golf? I think I read on the Vortex forum that they differ for the different models.
Also, I tried to ask a part supplier in the US, EEuro, to get them, but they do not stock them. Seems we need to order from a supplier outside of North America.
Good catch. Didn’t realize there was a difference.

Oh well, if you want to mod, you need to do your own due diligence.

CWill

TDI
2015 GSW S
Okay are we done with the drop in/CAI comments? Sorry I "wasted" a whopping $50 on a stockish part.

I plan on doing deletes etc. but that will prob be frowned upon as well. Everyone does builds there own way. Oh well just wanted to share my new purchase after scoping the MK7 Golf Family for a year now.

I have a mk7 gsw tdi with h&r super sport springs and I absolutely love the way t rides, who cares what people say do whatever u want to your car it’s yours not there’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Mr. Google says that ECS has (or at least sells) them.

Much better price available from these folks, though:
https://www.vwpartsvortex.com/oem-parts/volkswagen-spoiler-end-5g6805945c041
That site shows them for GTI and Golf, but does not mention GSW or Estate. Not certain it would fit the GSW. :confused: When I have a chance I'll check the part number on another site that was used for GSW and see how they compare. This time of year, I would really like not having to clean off my rear window a couple of times a day. :p

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI

Sold the old tdi this today. Was sad to see it go even with all the problems. Installed K&N filter, installing springs tomorrow, and window tint wednesday haha New car has a busy week! Car is telling me 42.4 mpg since fill up. Will hand calc on my road trip test next week and will also see how the new springs do.
My MK4 golf isn't as fast as the MK7 but it was just fun to drive. World of difference between a tuned car and a stock car!

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Initial Review of VWR springs after 150 miles: Car rides "sporty" to me. No rubbing issues but it definitely needs an ECS flush kit. Body roll around turns was cut in half or at least felt like it to me. Have some pictures but they were too big from my camera. Will downsize and post later.

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 sportwagen TDI sel 6mt
Initial Review of VWR springs after 150 miles: Car rides "sporty" to me. No rubbing issues but it definitely needs an ECS flush kit. Body roll around turns was cut in half or at least felt like it to me. Have some pictures but they were too big from my camera. Will downsize and post later.

Great looking TDI!

How long did it take you to change front springs ? I need to install spacers on mine, just wondering if there any tricks to make the job easier...

I think I read somewhere about using a 2x4 or something..

Then again, since I'm only installing spacers on top of the springs maybe I can compress them while in place and just slide the spacers in.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
I would honestly just remove the entire strut assembly. It only took my dad and I 4.5 hours to do all of them. Probably could have done it in 3.5 if my dad would have noticed that the bolt is removed on the back shock assembly. He spent an hour trying to remove a nut that was welded to the frame haha Fronts should be able to be done in 2-3 hours. That includes removing and installing wheels.

Thanks I have quite a few things to do it here in the next couple weeks. Also I love the sport mode on this car! Really keeps it in the torque range and takes half the throttle before downshifting.

Last edited:

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
MXTDI those spacers for a lift? If so they should go above the entire strut assembly.... Im thinking of a lift i did on a truck.

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
MXTDI those spacers for a lift? If so they should go above the entire strut assembly.... Im thinking of a lift i did on a truck.
Yes, for an approx 3/4" lift up front. I don't think anyone has come up with a spacer yet to install on top of the entire assembly. I'm using two Spaccer spacers per side.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI

Incredibly impressed with the quality of Ed’s lights. Projector cutoff did not need adjusted and the hid bulbs were already installed. The drl is too bright for my phones camera

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Great looking TDI!
How long did it take you to change front springs ? I need to install spacers on mine, just wondering if there any tricks to make the job easier...
I think I read somewhere about using a 2x4 or something..
Then again, since I'm only installing spacers on top of the springs maybe I can compress them while in place and just slide the spacers in.
The 2x4 method is connecting the strut to a 2x4 to the sway bar mount and then jacking the 2x4/strut out of the steering knuckle after you spread the knuckle, it doesn’t do anything for compressing the spring for undoing the top hat/strut bearing for spring swaps.

BTW what strut spacers are you mentioning of?

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Congrats on the new car and updates you're doing. We have almost non identical twins with you having a Golf vs my GSW.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Congrats on the new car and updates you're doing. We have almost non identical twins with you having a Golf vs my GSW.
Would love to see some pics. I had to talk myself out of buying the GSW haha Hopefully just picked up a VCDS cable so its time to do those kind of mods.

I know I went lower but I am also interested in how the strut spacers would work.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Incredibly impressed with the quality of Ed’s lights. Projector cutoff did not need adjusted and the hid bulbs were already installed. The drl is too bright for my phones camera
I still haven’t pulled the trigger on those yet, though I want to. Were the ballasts fixed onto the assembly too, or did you have to mount them somewhere? Which bulbs did you choose? Does the bumper have to come off for install?

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
No ballasts wrapped in foam in bottom of box. I simply applied some 3M tape and stuck them on the bottom. No you just need to remove a couple screws in wheel well and the front grille. They have a nice how to on the BEC autoparts website. Took me 90 min to completely install everything and have everything buttoned back up.

No one noticed that my bumper is below the headlight clips in that picture! haha just noticed this morning when i got to work. Oh well will fix real quick when i get home tonight.

Last edited:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
I chose the Hylux HID kit since the Morimoto was sold out. No complaints about the HID's. Can barely even tell high beams are on haha

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
The 2x4 method is connecting the strut to a 2x4 to the sway bar mount and then jacking the 2x4/strut out of the steering knuckle after you spread the knuckle, it doesn’t do anything for compressing the spring for undoing the top hat/strut bearing for spring swaps.
BTW what strut spacers are you mentioning of?
www.spaccer.com

Thanks for the info on the 2x4 method

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Any ideas on spacers that would make stock tires pretty close to flush? ECS has a kit for GTI that comes with 15 & 20mm. My buddy has a set of 25mm spacers laying around and hopefully they will work on the backs

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Careful with spacers, adaptors and centerbore rings (for aftermarket wheels): Mk.7 rear hub snouts are unusually shallow and won't allow some spacers/centerbore rings to seat concentrically on the hubs. The depth of the centerbore chamfer on spacers/wheels/centerbore rings is critical and should be no greater than that of the OE wheels. Even the OE wheels centerbores (i.e., past the chamfer) just barely engage the rear hub snouts.

Front hub snouts don't have this issue.

Last edited: