19" wheels

jrad12381

TDI
looking to buy one
I have a 2005 Passat TDI and the factory wheels are beat up on it. I was looking for some aftermarket wheels and was wondering if anyone new if a 19x8.5 wheel will fit and if anyone had pictures of a passat with 19" wheels.

Also does anyone have a number to get in touch with Jeff at Rocket Chip?

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
You may have better luck at passatworld.com for info on 19s. I've seen 18s here though.

b554me

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Turbocharged purchased in Costa Rica.
19x 8.5" wheels will work fine but up front you don't want your tire size any larger than 245/35/19 (for stock height) or you may run into some issues. If you have a sports suspension and your Passat is lowered then it will be a tough fit, but its possible of course. Edit by moderator: Contact info for Rocketchip is found on the Rocketchip website.

Last edited by a moderator:

volkswagendude

Veteran Member
TDI
None for now...
He'll suffer especially if he also uses el'cheapo heavy ones at 19 inches.
Biggest difference will be ride deterioration, especially if the original factory suspension is on its last legs.

I have 18" on mine, and even though I don't see that much of a difference in fuel economy over my stock 16"s, that I use for winter , there is a difference in ride and overall compliancy.

If you go with 19", you'll do yourself a GREAT FAVOUR, by not going with the cheap heavy ones. Weight savings(unsprung weight) will make a huge difference, and also Quality lighter ones(usually forged, ya I know $$$$ :( ) will be less prone to pot hole damage.

But truth be said, 19" looks killer on the B5.5, and especially the wagon!

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
Just make sure you get very high quality rubber bands to wrap those 19s also. About 3 per wheel should do it...