Won't start/turn over. No tail lights, AC, dash lights and windows do not work.

Nathan123086

TDI
2012 Jetta tdi
Its a 2012 tdi w/ 80k was driving it this morning and most dash lights went out, windows quit working, tail lights/brake lights and blinkers don't work. Drove it home 20 more miles and turned it off in my driveway. Car won't turn over. The battery is still good, most interior lights are still bright as they should be. Radio still works. The glow plug light is flashing and another light with I think the number one was in center. Any suggestions?

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium 6MT, 2004 Jetta TDI GLS (sold)
Find someone with VCDS or a tdiguru. There is also a fuse diagram list in the How To section. Unfortunately electrical issues on the new platforms can be very difficult to troubleshoot now because of the Can-bus.

Nathan123086

TDI
2012 Jetta tdi
Getting it towed to dealership tomorrow. Luckily my roadside through geico will tow it 98 miles to nearest dealer. After talking to buddy that used to be vw mechanic he said it probably is something in the ignition.... Second time I've had to have it towed. First time was for a similar issue duty to improper installation of ignition...

Nathan123086

TDI
2012 Jetta tdi
Bill is $599 so far and they aren't even sure if that'll fix it. I guess they've never seen this issue. Least I had roadside. Tow truck driver said that it was an $800 tow.