15' Passat TDI Headlights

TX_Engineer

TDI
2015 Passat
Greetings,

I am looking to replace my current stock headlights with either HID bulbs or full headlight replacement. I've read a few old forums that replacing the stock bulbs with HID is a bad decision due to the stock reflectors inside the assembly itself. I was wondering if any of you have replacements already and could provide instructions or pictures? Also, is it a hot swap or are there modifications that need to be done first?

j2112morris

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus TDI (sold)
I bought these Kensun's from Amazon. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZF31PC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Only bad thing, in really cold weather, it takes longer to "warm up". Other than that, love the lights.
I see you are in FL. Should we consider "really cold" to be around 50 degF? Just wanting to clarify since there are some of us who live where negative temps are not uncommon.

Did you notice a significant difference in the light? Thank you for all you can offer.

Drive safe.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
On mine I replaced just the bulbs with night breaker laser bulbs and it made a big difference. pure xenon filled and pure white.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
On mine I replaced just the bulbs with night breaker laser bulbs and it made a big difference. pure xenon filled and pure white.

what kind of life are you getting out of them?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It might be possible to upgrade to the LED lights. It probably isn't easy though.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
No pics of difference between before and after. The lasers are pure white. The factory ones have a definitely yellow cast in comparison. Read about them and order from the UK. They make silver stars look like a joke and are less money.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I've been looking into getting full replacement headlights. I really like the angel eyes. Here is a link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Front-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Has anyone had success with the plug and play?
Those are not LED headlamps. They're halogen headlamps with LED running lights. I would not expect them to perform any better than stock. Some of these aftermarket headlights perform worse than stock and leak water through the seals.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
H7 led's may not be nearly as bright as the lasers. The lasers are filled with pure xenon gas, not a mix. They state something like 300-400 hours.