Best Cetane level for Ohio pump stations

TDI
2004 beige VW Jetta TDI and 2014 Passat TDI
Hey all. I'm trying to find a good pump station that had the highest cetane level. From what I understand, BP has the highest in my area. Am I wrong? I'm new to this forum and to diesel as a whole. (I got my first tdi last summer)
Thanks for reading this!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
No way to tell without consulting the stations you want to use. Their delivery sheet should contain this info. Getting it may prove to be difficult though. Just throw in some additive for cetane boost if it concerns you.

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Maybe the better question is, why do you care?

Our TDI's seem to run fine on what we get at almost any pump.

TDI
2004 beige VW Jetta TDI and 2014 Passat TDI
...very true for pre-common rail (pre 2009) VW TDIs.
Maybe the better question is, why do you care?

Our TDI's seem to run fine on what we get at almost any pump.
I’m just curious. I wanted to see what would be the best for my TDI. I would agree that it wouldn’t matter so much, but it does have a factor for efficiency. Does it?

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I have never seen anything on a diesel pump from NE to FL that had anything but the minimum cetane levels ,which is worthless. Go to a high volume station and you will be fine.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I’m just curious. I wanted to see what would be the best for my TDI. I would agree that it wouldn’t matter so much, but it does have a factor for efficiency. Does it?
Diesel fuel from a high volume station is all that is needed. Your car will run just fine on good pump diesel. You can get better efficiency by just driving for efficiency. Add some additive if you like to see if it gets you any gains.