1999.5 Jetta TDI - 5 Speed - needs help - $500

loedward22

TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI
This is a sad day for me. This has been my trusty commuter for almost 15 years and for about 190k Miles, and I can honestly say I will cry when it's gone. It has 283xxx miles on it and the paint is in rough shape. Lots of fading on the hood and roof, but there are no major issues with the body. It has 17" wheels with good tires and it's been lowered.

I was driving it the other day and the engine became loud and it lost power (like in limp mode). The check engine light came on with code P1252. After doing some research it looks to be related to the injector pump (potentially a wiring issue between the injector pump and the ECU or needing a new injector pump). I'm about to start working from home full time and will not have a need for a commuter vehicle anymore so I don't have an appetite to fix it. I think this would be a pretty easy fix in the right hands...

It still starts up and drives, but the engine noise and loss of power will happen soon after driving a short distance. It will be due for a timing belt at 300k, but if a new injector pump is needed I would do that all at the same time.

I've loved this car and really want it to go to a good home.

Pictures can be seen at my local craigslist posting:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/19995-jetta-tdi-5-speed/6661946094.html

Last edited: