Am I gonna get pulled over if I do this?

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
A cooler idea would been to run the exhaust out the hood. Yes coal would deposited on the windsheild but it would be awesome.

piotrsko

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf, 2000 F-250 (7.3)
as far as I see...... dude lives somewhere the snow gets that deep in winter and causes all sorts of problems idling.

I agree with the idiots in parking lots smashing it flat, and I can see the requirement for the safety shroud.

SO: not optimal, but definitely interesting

my $0.02 YMMV

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Only individuals I witnessed driving a vw with this where.... Not Caucasian.

Do you qualify?

Performance/safety/stupidity/pointless reasons have been addressed.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
Id chop it off at the supreme sticker.
Ill grab a pick of mine(already floating around the forum in a similar thread)
Ive had mine on for probably 100K miles. I have had coworkers pour water down it and also tape it sealed thinking they are funny. (Arent car people anyways, so, lifting a CAR 2 inches really made their head spin)

Within 1 week I will film the heat test for this "style" exhaust. I have always been under the ASSUMPTION they are to efficient for the exposed pipe to be too hot to touch.

My biggest concern is that the tiniest rear accident is either (A) going to pinch our exhaust sealed, which I find no big deal, cut it at the axle and be fine.. Or
(B) send a shockwave to the turbo severely shortening its life. The latter is my main focus.

If you enjoy it, drive on.
Some people think fishing is dumb, standing at a lake shore throwing **** in the water not catching anything.... Doesnt mean that "I" have to stop fishing because they don't enjoy it!!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Last edited: