Another video

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Here we go again. AC work on mk5 jetta. 4 keys to diagnosis

If you have one of these late cars dont go to a shop that doesn't know what they are doing, and have them sell you a compressor you dont need.

I have several other AC related video's awaiting in the "edit queue"

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Stayed up late to get another one edited and posted, on a cute little 99 Golf ALH tdi.

P1248 start of injection timing regulation control deviation intermittent. Diagnosis in this video then a part two will show the fix.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Finished editing part two showing the fix on the 99 Golf with p1248 start of injection timing regulation control deviation intermittent.

In this video I show my "super quick" ;) method for removing and reinstalling a injection pump quickly. ;)

Make sure you get your tdi to someone who knows what they are doing. Don't get sold an injection pump when all it needs is repaired.

Last edited:

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Appreciated!

Just wanted to let you know that these are appreciated. I have watched most of them and will definitely refer back to them when I have these specific tasks to perform.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Here's a video about a poor running Passat. As the customer pulled up with the car I thought for sure it needed a cam. Don't go to Joe Average shop who will misdiagnose stuff like this.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Here is a very short one adding info about UDS computers Measuring values, and this video builds on info from the "4 keys to diagnosis" AC video.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
My newest video is on a communication problem with some of the modules on a 2011 Jetta tdi causing a myriad of problems. This is probably my best diagnosis that I've recorded on video. Due to the large amount of info it will be in 3 parts. Here is the first part.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
2nd video in the diagnosis mentioned in post 41 above.

Video is on a communication problem with some of the modules on a 2011 Jetta tdi causing a myriad of problems. This is probably my best diagnosis that I've recorded on video. This is 2nd of 3 parts.

and a playlist

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
3rd video in the diagnosis mentioned in post 41 above. In this video I show whether the computer fixes some or all of our strange issues with this 2011 tdi.

Video is on a communication problem with some of the modules on a 2011 Jetta tdi causing a myriad of problems. This is probably my best diagnosis that I've recorded on video. This is 3rd video of 3 parts.

and a playlist for all 3 videos.

Last edited:

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Great job. One of your more suspenseful videos concerning the $500 decision.
Thanks for the time and effort.
Now if I can only figure out the 01358 DTC on my Golf.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
another diagnosis on the 2011 tdi mentioned in my last 3 videos.

Car came back with customer complaint of "the power locks havn't worked since the repair".

or watch the whole LONG playlist here.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Newest video on a 01m trans with a speedo problem.

FYI, for those with this problem, who cant afford to fix it, use your gps as a speedo to gauge your speed. You can also download a app on your cell phone to act as a speedo.

If you've watched some of these video's consider subscribing. Doesn't cost anything, and it would help me out.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Newest video on tdi. A crank no start problem with a trans code 00293

Lots of other videos on my channel but not all tdi related. I only post the tdi related ones here.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
My newest video, as I work to make a decision whether this car becomes a parts car or my daily driver.

I review in this video how to check piston projection to check for bent rods and to select head gasket thickness.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Another video. Resetting adapts with vagcom on BEW car with 09A, along with some discussion of solenoid replacement and associated problems.

Last edited:

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
CoolAirVw,

I just want to say thank you for taking the time to post and share your videos with the TDI forum. As you can see from my signature, I've got a couple VWs.

My daughter has a 2002 Golf TDI with 334k with an 01m automatic. She said lately it hasn't been shifting in to high when driving on the highway. I've got a 2002 Golf parts car (exactly like hers) that only has 90k on it. Motor is ruined. I have the transmission sitting in one of my out buildings. I brought it down to the garage, changed the differential fluid, and drained the pan and replaced the filter. My daughter is home for the week, so I pulled the old 01m out and put the "newer" one in. Filled it with 5.3 quarts of fluid. Followed your 01m instructions on draining it when it reaches 35 degrees C. I drove the car about 100 miles today and everything is working as it should.

Thank you!

Eric

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Put it back together! Now that it has 2 VIN numbers its worth twice as much :)

(BTW-still planning to have my C20 towed over, but I've been in Los Angeles for 5 weeks and going again next week)

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Thankyou again, Richard. You would have a field day with all the electrical problems I'm now having on my Golf.