2000 vw golf tdi 5 spd 1 owner $9950

csedd

TDI
2000 golf tdi
Tired of pain at the pump? Never buy GASOLINE again! 42mpg minimum, up to 49 on the highway, my personal best is 55mpg, with the windows up, in the winter, from dallas to Austin. Buy this 2000 Volkswagen Golf TDI diesel and and you won't pay $39.50 for state inspection anymore either. Diesel owners pay $12.50. This car has 5/08 tags, so you won't have to worry about it till next year.

Diesel fuel is cheaper than gas, currently $2.79 to 2.89, compared with gas, that is $3.09 to 3.35, and you can always just fill up with bio-diesel fuel from used vegetable oil. Save money at the pump even more and help the environment.

Usually I get at least 600 miles per tank full, it only has a 14.5 gallon tank too. My best is over 700 miles on a tank full. Excellent roadtrip,commuter or family car. YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY, but only if you're a lead foot and don't upshift. I typically drive in 5th gear at 40mph +. Really saves fuel, and still has power.
Never change spark plugs and wires again! Don't change your oil every 3 K miles like a gasoline car. Diesels go at LEAST 10 K miles with regular diesel oil, 12-15 K miles or more with synthetic oil..translation: change the oil about once a year for average drivers. I recommend and have been using synthetic to help preserve the turbo. VW diesel engines typically last 400-500,000 miles before needing a rebuild if you take care of it. By then you'll be tired of it.

This car has had all the maintenance done, the timing belt, tensioners, water pump, fuel filter, oil filter and oil, brakes have all been changed within the last 6 months, I have the records to prove it. Also, the glow plugs, all 4, the glow plug wires, and the air flow meter, computer and other accessories related to it were all changed within the last year. Records to prove that too. So you don't need to do anything, just enjoy the car, the great gas mileage, sound system, and feeling of reliability that comes with a diesel.

This Golf TDI has around 130k miles on it. Everything works on it. Cold A/C, alpine cd player, 250 watts, with subwoofer and preamps, tilting display, and xmradio hooked up, just have to sign up for service. Power locks, Black cloth interior with leather dash and trim. Over engineered cup holders. Split folding rear seats, cruise ctrl,etc. All the normal stuff yadda, yadda, yadda. Feel free to do the research on the Internet yourself. There's a TDI owners web site available with all kinds of info if you wanna know everything.

Also, just like you, I've checked Autotrader. If I advertise this car there I will have to raise the price to sell it to you. I just thought I'd try to sell it a little cheaper here 1st. Most of the Golfs in this area are advertised for more and usually have higher mileage.

I don't wanna waste your time and don't wanna waste my time either. ONLY YOU know if your finances are in order. This car is paid off, I am the original and only owner, if you would like to buy it, then you can pay cash, cashier's check or go through your own bank. Pictures available, I will be showing it starting next week.
Also, it comes with the book from vw that shows you how to repair/modify everything. Telephone book sized thick in mint condition.

pictures and reply available at : http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/334319409.html

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
csedd said:
Tired of pain at the pump? Never buy GASOLINE again! 42mpg minimum, up to 49 on the highway...
Diesel fuel is cheaper than gas, currently $2.79 to 2.89, compared with gas, that is $3.09 to 3.35, and you can always just fill up with bio-diesel fuel from used vegetable oil. Save money at the pump even more and help the environment.http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/334319409.html
I find this funny.... 'preaching to the choir'. :D
It gets 42/49mpg? 700 miles on a tank? Ya don't say!
And most TDIclubbers can more readily recall this week's diesel prices than they can recall their anniversary date! HA! ;)

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
Ritzar12 said:
High blue book for this car with the mileage indicated is under $7800.

What is on it that makes it worth that much more?
um. people will pay it? Blue book values are pointless for these cars. What people are paying right now for one-owner, well maintained (documented) vehicles is a premium directly related to the lack of supply and desireability of these cars. If you haven't yet purchased, you'll be paying more. And more next month. And the next.

Look at how many people joined this group in 2007 already. You have quite a bit of competition for this very small number of vehicles

ta70challenger78

TDI
Looking
quantum_tdi said:
um. people will pay it? Blue book values are pointless for these cars. What people are paying right now for one-owner, well maintained (documented) vehicles is a premium directly related to the lack of supply and desireability of these cars. If you haven't yet purchased, you'll be paying more. And more next month. And the next.

Look at how many people joined this group in 2007 already. You have quite a bit of competition for this very small number of vehicles

The problem isn't people's willingness to pay, it's banks willingness to finance. This has been a problem for me recently.

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
ta70challenger78 said:
The problem isn't people's willingness to pay, it's banks willingness to finance. This has been a problem for me recently.
See, now there is a real problem! Finally somebody with a legitimate complaint about price- they just can't get the money b/c the bank looks at blue book... not that they're *****ing about price so much as getting the money to pay for it.

Sorry to hear you're having that trouble, but you might refer your bank to some of the going prices here on the club to support your statements that these cars have value far exceeding blue/black/nada/etc.

Good luck!

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I went to the Craigslist posting to find out what color this Golf is, since csedd forgot to mention that.

The post had been flagged and removed.