WTB 02-05 TDI Wagon

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Manual Jetta Wagon (sold) *@*
I am lookking to buy a TDI Wagon between the year of 02-05. I am in NY but will travel within 300 miles radius for this car. It has to be a manual though I am not picky about the color or model. I've looked through the treads and think that all the wagons are taken from this forum. Please let me know if I am wrong or if anyone come across any in the future.
Greatly appriciated!!
Jess

Beeble

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 New Beetle
You're going to have a hard time finding one, I'm afraid.

When we bought ours, we were at the dealer to pick up the Beetle after an oil change. My wife spotted it, we drove it, liked it, and went home.

I got on the net and an hour later had discovered only one other Jetta TDI wagon within 750 miles in any direction. It was more expensive, but it was salsa red, which my wife liked. I called and it had just been sold. We went back the next morning and bought the local one.

Go to Google and search for "volkswagen <city name>", where <city name> is someplace in your general vicinity that you suspect is large enough to have a VW dealer. They all have on-line inventory lists, so you should be able to figure out if there are any in your area in short time.

Good luck! You'll love it, when you finally get it.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
I just updated the ad for mine, but it's not cheap, and I don't really want to sell it :)

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
danix said:
I just updated the ad for mine, but it's not cheap, and I don't really want to sell it :)
Yeah. I saw the ad and like your car quite a bit. But unfortunately, I only need a car to commute and run errands and don't need all the mods you've put on it. Though it may be great for someone, I can't justify buying it. ;) Great car though and a very good looking one at that.:D

Jess

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Jess, help yourself by helping others and let them know what price range you need to be in. I do not believe you're going to find a "cheap" Jetta diesel wagon that's in drive-able condition, and you're conducting your search during the worse possible time.

Take care.

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi,
I need the car to be between $12k-$20 for different models and options. I believe the price range is resonable and I should be able to find something at that range. Of course, the less I spend the better it will be. I also believe it is better to look now than later when gas prices reaches $4-$5.

Jess

dieseldorf said:
Jess, help yourself by helping others and let them know what price range you need to be in. I do not believe you're going to find a "cheap" Jetta diesel wagon that's in drive-able condition, and you're conducting your search during the worse possible time.

Take care.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
I think that's realistic price-wise...more towards the high end of the scale.

The cars are out there. I know MWG just bagged one in VT last week for $18k (IIRC). You've got to be very pro-active when it comes to a diesel powered auto in this market, the cars won't drop into your lap. You've got to get out there and chase them and be prepared to pull the trigger when it seems right!

happy hunting, Ms. Wabbit!