high pressure fuel pump

diydave

TDI
skoda octavia, golf
if the high pressure fuel pump is faulty would this cause the car to drive at 65/70 mph and it seems like it has ran out of fuel drop the speed down to 40mph and the car picks back up again can anybody tell me what the problem is thanks

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
It sounds like the fuel filter is clogging up or the in tank lift pump (is there one on your car?) is going bad.

Change the fuel filter and see what happens.

Bill

diydave

TDI
skoda octavia, golf
its a skoda octavia 1999 been like this since i bought it 3 weeks ago its a slug dont know whats wrong no error codes coming up on vag com :confused:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
its a skoda octavia 1999 been like this since i bought it 3 weeks ago its a slug dont know whats wrong no error codes coming up on vag com :confused:
The HPFP is only used on Common rail fuel injection systems. Your 1999 model doesn't have an HPFP, so that is not the source of your problem.

diydave

TDI
skoda octavia, golf
thanks jsw that rules the hpfp out the car was fully serviced before i bought it i have the documents but it wouldnt start the fuel pump timing ws not set properly paid a fortune to have that done and still no real improvement i am totally stuck here being a woman doesnt help so any advice would b good thanks

enatman

TDI
current 2006 brm, 2014 passat SE returned, 2000 jetta 404k (sold)
pull the sending unit out of the tank...clean it and drill out the two holes