2012 VW Passat - Reductant Tank Heater

Tyler66665

TDI
Passat
Hi All,

I recently hit a raccoon with my car and had a lot of work done to the front end. They changed the bumper and had to fix the air conditioning because it hit into that as well.

I am now getting an engine light that reads 9655-P202 A Reductant Tank Heater Control. I did some research and it seem to be something quite common.

My question is there any way possible this is related to the accident I had with the raccoon?

My car through the code with in a day of getting it back from the auto body shop.

Thanks!!

Tyler

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Who knows? The one time I hit a raccoon square (a big b*****d), the impact right up through the steering wheel felt like I'd hit a concrete block. Damage to the car? Exactly nil.

The only analysis possible would be indirect and inconclusive. Your wreck was to the front end, and the reductant tank heater sits down in the top of the AdBlue (reductant) tank under the passenger side rear fender. That being said, impacts can sometimes be transmitted to other parts of the vehicle, so, again, who knows? If I got these lights right after my car came out of the shop, I'd call the insurance company real quick and claim it.

jolvi1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I agree tell insurance company, we had a car that cracked rack on steering and didn't find it until after fix. Hey they can't find everything.

Raabscuttle

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Hi All,
I recently hit a raccoon with my car and had a lot of work done to the front end. They changed the bumper and had to fix the air conditioning because it hit into that as well.
I am now getting an engine light that reads 9655-P202 A Reductant Tank Heater Control. I did some research and it seem to be something quite common.
My question is there any way possible this is related to the accident I had with the raccoon?
My car through the code with in a day of getting it back from the auto body shop.
Thanks!!
Tyler
No, they're not related. VW recently extended the warranty for this part (adblue heater) to 120K miles.

Tyler66665

TDI
Passat
I got the part replaced under Warranty thankfully. My warranty covers the add blue system to 196,000 KM.

Tyler