RNS510 Question

Al Fischer

TDI
2014 Passat SEL Premium
My RNS510 now has the latest map and software updates.

All seemed to be working and then the map stopped moving to show where I was. The MFI showed may location and all the normal info. Tok it to the dealer and the solution was that there was a setting wrong and he said it was 'DYNAMIC ROUTE' was off. I had not turned it off and don't even know what it ,eans! Later I tried turning it off and the map showed my location as normal.

Is there a user setting that can cause this?:confused:

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
'Dynamic route' tells the RNS to reroute based on traffic congestion, and should have zero effect on map motion when a route is active.

- Tim

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
If you touch the screen and move your finger, you change the display mode to manual and it stops moving. This lets you scroll around and look at other locations.

When you enter this mode there's an icon that appears in the upper right corner directly below the North arrow. Hit that icon and it returns to tracking mode.

Dan

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
If you touch the screen and move your finger, you change the display mode to manual and it stops moving. This lets you scroll around and look at other locations.

When you enter this mode there's an icon that appears in the upper right corner directly below the North arrow. Hit that icon and it returns to tracking mode.

Dan

This...exactly what I was going to post.