Driver Gear springs on a 2013 TDI?

Cannar

TDI
Golf MK7 1.6
I've been looking at lowering my MK7 but the roads around me are... 'below par' to say the least, so I don't want anything too low. The drop of the DG springs seem like they'd half the wheel gap while still leaving a good bit of travel, which is what I'm after. H&R springs and the like seem to lower the car to the floor which as I said, for the roads around here it's a bad idea.

I see nothing on VW's page saying that it's not suitable for a TDI but am unsure since the TDI's have a different rear suspension set up to the petrol cars.

Has anyone tried them or know of anyone who has used these springs on a TDI? Cheers.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
so is your 2013 TDI considered a MK7 in Ireland? I have DG springs on my 2015 Golf TDI which is a MK7 here in the US. From what I know the MK7 DG springs 5G4-071-677E here in the US are designed for the TDIs and gas Golfs ( TSI), but the GTI users like to put them on their cars too.

Last edited:

Uno’15TDi

TDI
2015 Golf SEL
so is your 2013 TDI considered a MK7 in Ireland? I have DG springs on my 2015 Golf TDI which is a MK7 here in the US. From what I know the MK7 DG springs 5G4-071-677E here in the US are designed for the TDIs and gas Golfs ( TSI), but the GTI users like to put them on their cars too.

I have the same: ‘15 DSG Golf SEL.

Did the ride change considerably?

Did you replace the struts and shocks? I’m considering a combination of the Koni Special Active and the 5G4-071-677E.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
Uno’15TDi;5563242 said:
I have the same: ‘15 DSG Golf SEL.

Did the ride change considerably?

Did you replace the struts and shocks? I’m considering a combination of the Koni Special Active and the 5G4-071-677E.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
the ride didnt change much, the DG springs are a little softer in the rear than the GTI and the car sits lower as well, no rake. Also im on the stock shocks, everything works fine for now, no issues.

Last edited:

Cannar

TDI
Golf MK7 1.6

Over here in Ireland 2013 was the first year for the MK7. Mk6's were also sold in 2013 as well. Was 2015 the first year you guys got the MK7?

The 5G4-071-677E springs were the ones I was looking at too. Did the springs lower the car a decent amount or was it not really too noticeable?

I'm hoping for a noticeable drop but like I said before not slammed because of our terrible roads.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
Over here in Ireland 2013 was the first year for the MK7. Mk6's were also sold in 2013 as well. Was 2015 the first year you guys got the MK7?

The 5G4-071-677E springs were the ones I was looking at too. Did the springs lower the car a decent amount or was it not really too noticeable?

I'm hoping for a noticeable drop but like I said before not slammed because of our terrible roads.
2015 was the first year, yes these lowered my golf quite a bit, have maybe two fingers gap in front and maybe 2-2.5 in the back, and my fingers are not fat

Homerjj

TDI
1984 Jetta Turbodiesel, 1983 Caddy AAZ, 2015 TDI Golf Sportwagen
Has anyone tried these springs on a Sportwagen?