2012 Passat Wiper Blades

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
By the time you add shipping, Amazon Prime is cheaper. N/C shipping. Prob is: WILL THEY FIT?

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
By the time you add shipping, Amazon Prime is cheaper. N/C shipping. Prob is: WILL THEY FIT?
that's the big question....

all the auto parts stores have told me they have ones that will work, but when you go to try them they do not fit.

that includes the TRICO's....

so far I'm still stuck with the POS OEM stuff...

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
I haven't looked, but can we simply change the wiper blade RUBBER? I guess they call it the insert.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Amazon Prime has Trico and Valeo wipers for my 2013 Passat SE, at approx. $20 each.

No shipping and handling.
Won't work, they are incorrectly identified as working. Tried them. The only ones that work are from VW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Hmmm..."POS OEM stuff"...wiper deterioration must be regional. My "POS OEM" blades last 18months, minimum...I'm glad to continue supporting my exceptional local VWoA dealer.

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
Hmmm..."POS OEM stuff"...wiper deterioration must be regional. My "POS OEM" blades last 18months, minimum...I'm glad to continue supporting my exceptional local VWoA dealer.
mine have lasted about 3 months before leaving streaks all over the windshield. especially on the passenger side. I think it's mainly with the winter weather that they are not up to par. When it's been raining and the windshield is very wet they seem to do ok but still tend to streak a little ont he edges..

I do drive a lot (I think most do on this board though).:cool: so mine may have worn out quicker than others.:)

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
$35 each for a wiper from your local dealer is not "a couple extra bucks" in my book. You may have $70 to spend on wipers that cost $30 for every other car I own, but I don't.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
They were $22 each at my local dealer. I'll continue getting them there because I know they fit properly and work properly ;)

-J

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
I have continued to search, looking for an aftermarket blade that fits. None found yet...tried everything that Advance stocks. Next step may be to modifuy the arm (remove some material at end and refinish to prevent corrosion) or buy 1 OEM blade and see if i can dissasemble the connector and retrofit to an aftermarket blade...seems like a case of really over- engineering...
How much time can you waste? Just go to a dealer and purchase a set.

TDI_Dan

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6M MKVII, 2011 Golf TDI 6M (bought back)
Try www.rockauto.com. Starting at $8.40 each. Tricos are $14.54-$17.13 each.

Also, amazon sells aquapel glass treatment. 2 single use applicators starting at $5.52. Someone here told me about it a while ago. It's like rain-ex on steroids. Lasts about a couple months or more. (Longer than rain-ex)

MPGonad

TDI
2012 Golf
How much is the S/H?
add to cart, enter your zip, update cart

They were $22 each at my local dealer. I'll continue getting them there because I know they fit properly and work properly ;)

-J
i've seen the national average GM on dealership parts sales reported anywhere between 53% - 57%. there is a bunch of room for them to discount, and there are plenty of dealerships whose parts folks are empowered with the ability to knock off up to 20%-25% off. you just need to ask. and i'm not saying there are dealerships out there that wont, but i'd say that from personal experience, i've got parts discounted from dealership parts departments an overwhelming majority of the time.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
Bump

Use World Impex and get OEM for less. I have bought blades for my Mk5, B5, B6 on several occasions from them. And to offset any frieght, just get other stuff you want or need anyway at that time.
This seems to need repeating. Also, Impexfest is coming up in 3 weeks, 18 May, so if you can make get them at that time, maybe a club member near you is going and they can pick them up.

http://www.worldimpex.com/impexfest.html

Last edited:

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Tesla Model S85, 2017 Chevy Bolt
Checked the site, and it doesn't have parts for my 2013 Passat.

Thanks for the tip, ECS looks like the new source for my wipers :D.
You have to search by part number, emailed them this is the info they returned.

561-955-425 $16.51 (left/driver's side)
561-955-426 $16.51 (right/passenger side)

lojeff10

TDI
2012 Passat - 6sp MT
$20 each at local dealer. Not bad but would rather have full aftermarket options

Scratchy101

Veteran Member
TDI
Returned 2012 Golf TDI, now 2015 Mazda CX-5 & 2018 Nissan Leaf SV
With all the hassle you folks are having finding aftermarket blades why not just go with the dealer ones ? Less hassle . So they cost a few bucks more. It won't put you in the poor house. As far as how long they last. My originals lasted almost 2 years. Just installed 3 new ones from the dealer. I have the 2011 Golf. Fit great, work great. Cost about $20 Canadian a piece. :confused::D
My last rig was a 2007 Toyota FJCruiser. Had 3 wipers on the front windshield. Try getting after market blades for that. Decided to go with dealer blades. Less hassle.
I was just quoted $65 for front pair and $34 for the rear (according to the vehicle inspection done at the dealer, all 3 are shot).
In my book, $100 for 3 wipers is highway robbery, especially since the wipers were streaky from almost day 1.
I don't mind paying top $$$ for top shelf products, but not for poor quality.
The OEM wipers on my Toyota lasted over 3 years.

The hunt is on....

vw_norm

Gone, but not forgotten.
TDI
2012 NMS TDI SEL Platinum Gray w/moonrock
Thanks for posting this Scratchy! I still have my original set that I took off at the 10K service. They were OK, but getting streaky. With 120+ inches of rain a year, good wipers are a must and I generally change wipers annually on all my vehicles. I will try the insert trick with the blades I removed and see how that goes. Seems like an economical solution. I was planning on changing the OEM blades on now at the 20K service in 5K miles and still have a brand new set (just in case).

Scratchy101

Veteran Member
TDI
Returned 2012 Golf TDI, now 2015 Mazda CX-5 & 2018 Nissan Leaf SV
Here are a couple of pics of the stock wiper arm disassembly.

First remove the rubber boot/air deflector (not shown).
This shows you must pry the metal ends up over the 2 small ramped tabs in the end-cap.

This pic shows the 2 metal strips being held together by the center arm mount.

Basically you just take one end off and slide out the old wiper rubber.
Then slide in the refill and pop the end back on, and the rubber boot/air deflector and you are done.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I was just quoted $65 for front pair and $34 for the rear (according to the vehicle inspection done at the dealer, all 3 are shot).
In my book, $100 for 3 wipers is highway robbery, especially since the wipers were streaky from almost day 1.
I don't mind paying top $$$ for top shelf products, but not for poor quality.
The OEM wipers on my Toyota lasted over 3 years.

The hunt is on....
We have no rear wiper...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD