03 Vw Jetta GLS TDI 5speed manual For Sale

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
03 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI. 1.9 TDI diesel 229,500mi 2nd owner. VIN 3VWSP69M93M173785 Reflex Silver with gray leather interior, heated seats, heated mirrors, rear defroster, air conditioning, cruise, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, Monsoon am/fm/cd/cassete sound system with 8 speakers and factory amp, 5speed manual transmission, 16" Mesh X wheels(like Wolfsburg) with continental extreme DSW sport contact tires, projector beam headlights with halo rings and fog lights, Kamei metal grill, and receiver hitch. Runs great as I have had the car four years and put 110,000 mi on it myself commuting to Florence and Kingstree. It regularly gets 40mpg in the city and 45mpg on the highway. Rides and drives well and most people don't realize that it has that many miles on it. It should last for many more years to come. I am wanting to move up to a Mark V Jetta. No accidents!
Here is a list of the maintenance and repairs that I have done since I have had the car.
203,000mi : New shocks, struts, strut mounts, sway bar bushings
210,000mi : Rear brake pads
218,000mi : New water pump, timing belt, all timing belt rollers, timing belt tensioner, camshaft, lifters, cylinder head was rebuilt with new valves, guides, seals, head gasket and bolts.
228,000 mi : New brake pads, solid flywheel, VR6 clutch, and release bearing

The only problems that it has is the headliner is starting to fall near the back window and the visors. If this is a deal breaker, I will get it taken care of.
The hood has a dent on the LF corner where a retread hit the hood and did no other damage.
The RR quarter panel has two scratches where a deer jumped in front of me and I managed to stop and get those scratches from one of it's rear hooves.
There is also wear on the driver's seat, common with a car with it's age and milage.
The paint still looks great.
Price $5000.00 or best offer. NO TRADES! I'm flexible on the price due to the flaws it has.
Call or text 803-410-7179 Lee

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD!!!!! wow that was fast!

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
I regret not coming to your work location today!
I told him you were coming to look at it and he bugged me until I asked my supervisor if he could come by.

I hope you find one Rod. You seem like a nice guy and very informed.

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
was a good deal - good deals seem to fly outta here!
I'm starting to wonder if I priced it TOO low seeing that I must had about 25 texts and calls on it!:rolleyes:

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
I'm starting to wonder if I priced it TOO low seeing that I must had about 25 texts and calls on it!:rolleyes:
As I was reading through the post I was expecting an $8,000 price or so. If it's mechanically as good as you say it is, I think $5,000 was a straight steal.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You could have gotten more for it, but look at the bright side: you sold it quickly, and hopefully it has found a good home.

No way in heck I'd have ever sold that car, LOL. It'll outlive most any other car on the road today, even many new ones.:cool:

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
I read the blue book on it a little while back and was pretty sure the value was about $6000 but I lowered because of the flaws it has. I feel pretty good about. Same thing happened when we sold my wife's car. Put it on craigslist and sold it the next day also.

JBjunior

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon/05 Passat Sedan/03 Jetta Wagon
I read the blue book on it a little while back and was pretty sure the value was about $6000 but I lowered because of the flaws it has. I feel pretty good about. Same thing happened when we sold my wife's car. Put it on craigslist and sold it the next day also.
That is all that matters. You got what you wanted and the buyer got what they wanted. As long as you both feel good about it then good for both of you.

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm 99% sure I got my replacement this monday, an 06. I know some don't like them but that is the bodystyle I always wanted.