Imported TDI's and 'dieselgate'

benficais

TDI
jetta 2009
DAY 43 - DEC 21, 2017

Car officially dropped off at VW. Final receipt for cheque in USD funds is emailed by VWGOA upon completion of drop off and provided by the dealer. Dropped off plates to MTO.

Now just waiting for the cheque from VW (via: FedEx) and hopefully will get one from Bosch one day too!

Michi

TDI
Jetta sportwagon 2014
Buyback appointment was Dec 20th at Pfaff in Newmarket. Chq arrived yesterday (Jan 2). I let my salesman at Pfaff know I would be in with a certified chq for my new 2018 Sportwagon that afternoon. I got a call from him at noon to tell me that the car he specifically brought onto the lot for me (which I ordered in November, and arrived early Dec) was mistaken resold to someone else... signed, and delivered! Even though the car was brought in for me, and they have had my deposit for over a month! It was actually sold out from under me at the same time I went in for my buyback! And there are no more in Ont or Que with my options. It doesn't sound like my salesman has anyone behind him in his concern for me and what happened. Bad enough we were all duped, I didn't think VW could go any lower.

turbowhistle

TDI
2011 JSW Pano White Corn Silk Beige 6MT
I dropped off my Sportwagen today. The process was slow, but it is finally complete. Now I just have to wait by my mailbox for the cheque!

Michi

TDI
Jetta sportwagon 2014
Congratulations TurboWhistle! The chq comes by Fed Ex and has to be signed for. I waited at home for days, then had to go out on Friday, so called to find out if it was on it's way. After over half an hour on the phone I was told they were still working on it. I went out and half an hour later Fed Ex left a failed delivery notice on my door. So I had to wait until Tues. They do give you the option of going to pick it up (for me the depot was over an hour away) but no weekend hours available. It will hopefully be faster for you because the holidays are over.

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
My TDI sportwagen went back yesterday to upper james VW in Hamilton without any problems. Took about a half hour all together. They made me turn the car on and go forwards and backwards to show the car runs. That was the extent of the inspection. Now I wait for the check $15,450USD.

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Got my check yesterday, 4 business days after the turn in. Thanks everyone for the help and support through the buyback process!

gerpeters

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI and 2003 Jetta TDI
I dropped off my car on the 21st and still waiting for the check

I called on Friday I'm told that my check has not been sent because the person I spoke to said there was no FedEx tracking number on file and that my case has been escalated.

chatman56

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Received my VW cheque last week, thanks for the updates everyone. Has anyone heard from Bosch regarding that settlement? VW and Bosch both told me it'll come to the same address but I'm finding it hard to believe..

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
bosch cheque

Received my VW cheque last week, thanks for the updates everyone. Has anyone heard from Bosch regarding that settlement? VW and Bosch both told me it'll come to the same address but I'm finding it hard to believe..
took about a 5 weeks to get mine, regular mail, 350.00 USD.

norcorider

TDI
2013 Passat TDI (Buyback completed Dec 21st)
Got my Bosch cheque today of 350 usd. Cheque is dated Feb 26,2018.
This one came via regular mail, and not FedEx.

jcd2418

TDI
Jetta
Ineligible Claim

Hi, I read through lots of posts. Figure might be easier to ask. VW USA denied claim because "According to your account, you are deemed not eligible because the vehicle was exported prior to 9/18/2015."
Cannot register on VW Canada claim site.

It's a 2012 Jetta TDI purchased and imported into Canada in November 2013.

What would be best course of action to take?

Thank You

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Just stopping by to say I got my Bosch check today. As mentioned above this came via regular mail $350.

Planbe

TDI
2010 Touareg TDI
3.0L US VIN registered in Canada

Looking for people in same situation, to share progress in this long protracted and nebulous affair.

Encouraged to see that the 2.0L have mostly been resolved, and that the Cdn courts should finalize the Cdn settlement soon ... which will kickstart the US claims process for us Canadians.

But Im discouraged by the customer experience, lack of transparency, and that my aging car is in need of increasingly serious repairs.

tdigirl_ontario

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen 2010
Apparently, even after one year post-buyback, VW still has no idea what to do with these situations. They just called four times between yesterday and today claiming they do not have the title I turned over to them during the buyback in March 2017. (I am pretty sure they don't understand what the Ontario green slip is and that they have the title sitting in front of them.) The girl on the phone finally admitted they have no idea what they are doing with Canadian registered cars....one year after completing the buyback....

VegasP

TDI
2013 VW Touareg Executive, 2014 Audi A8 L Tdi
Reimported a 2010 Audi Q7, originally sold in US, last year July. still waiting on a decision from Canada court, since the car was mainly on canada soil. Any one has that issue ?