an60an

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI 5 speed 2003 Golf TDI 5 speed
Paid $3.72 about 20 min ago here in SLC/Utah RUG was $3.61

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
I saw $3.49 in central Phoenix today, the station by my house dropped from 3.65 yesterday to 3.54 today.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
Paid $3.469 at the Murphy USA on US-29 in Pensacola the other day. As soon as I started pumping a storm dropped a load so I had to vent with one hand and hold an umbrella with another. I still got soaking wet but I think nothing got down the filler neck. :eek:

This was definitely a case of "Should have waited for better weather" but where I live in Alabama diesel is still $3.759 — so you can see why I made a beeline for this place!

EJtdeye

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue Graphite 2011 Golf TDI
I was able to fill up at one of my local Shell stations for $3.59/Gallon after my Ralphs card discount. That is the cheapest I've pulled off in the Los Angeles area for quite some time.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
$3.699 is now fairly common in the Twin Cities area, but in a few isolated locales prices have dipped into the $3.50s.

Still there are some stations which have ignored the general trend and are still charging $4.199-$4.299. I doubt that they get many customers at those prices. And every day that they keep their prices high, the fuel in their tanks is losing value.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Paid $3.58 for B15 at Love's in Fort Mill, SC this morning. They switched from B5 to B15 sometime over the last 6 - 8 weeks. At least at this station, there is now a 50 cent spread between rug and diesel.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
$3.29 for RUG, $3.59 for D and $3.67 for PUG at the local Hess.

Vin63

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3
$3.73 at the Chevron down the street...dropping a little, but not as fast as gasoline.

Art van Law

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW
The cars were scrambling to get the cheap gas at Rojo Irving rt1, Norwood. Thought a guy was gonna dent my door as he was maneuvering for the busy gas pumps. I was the sole occupier of the four diesel pump island.
RUG 3.399
D2 3.599 (lowest it's been here since 2/22/11 when it was 3.499)

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
RUG went up by about 10-12 cents here today. D2 dropped by about 7-10 cents.

My local hole, 3.33 for RUG, 3.42 for D2

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
That is strange. I watch 4 stations pretty religiously every day and the one I purchase at very religiously. Saw the 7-11 RUG went up this morning. The Homeland across the street where I fill up followed by the time I drove back by after work. Was happy to see D2 go down though, as it has been holding steady for a week or so at 3.49.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I noticed a jump of about 10 cents/gallon for RUG at the terminal. I wasn't paying attention to gas prices at the pump. Diesel is holding steady, but I would not be surprised to see gasoline higher this weekend.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
Strange, I heard a report on the radio it has gone down every day this month, go figure. (rug)
I saw reports of a pretty big one day spike for gasoline in the midwest on GasBuddy the other day. Seems like some folks saw regular go up something like 30¢ in one day. Maybe it's a ripple effect?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
There are serious problems at the giant Motiva refinery in Port Arthur, Texas. It is supposed to be processing 600,000 bpd of sour crude, but instead is only able to handle 275,000. The markets were anticipating the higher levels of output, and now there's a scramble for supplies to meet summer driving demand levels.

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
Oddly enough, D2 went up at my normal location by 3 cents from 3.42 to 3.45. It was 3.42 last night. I stopped to fuel up today and 3.45 (with 15 cent coupon to make it 3.30) :)

Pretty sure I will never figure it out....

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The major chains in Minnesota all bumped RUG up about 20 cents/gallon -- mostly to $3.79 but some only to $3.75.

Diesel stayed where it was and in some instances actually dropped. So there are many stations charging $3.55-3.59 for ULSD (B05, actually), and $3.69 is the most common price metro-wide.

I didn't take any photos of stations posting diesel cheaper than RUG, but I saw this at lots of stations today.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
I did a bit of a double take this afternoon while in a different part of town to get some delicious custard. The BP across the street from the custard & coffee shop had posted $3.559 on the sign where diesel normally is… I had to wander across the street to see they are now selling ethanol free gasoline for that price and listing it where the diesel price used to be. Dang — I would have filled up at that price, since everyone else is $3.699 & up.

Still though, that's cheap for e-free around here. Many places sell 89 octane Marine fuel to cars but charge $3.899-4.549 for it, while regular unleaded is just $3.139 at some spots.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
The major chains in Minnesota all bumped RUG up about 20 cents/gallon -- mostly to $3.79 but some only to $3.75.

Diesel stayed where it was and in some instances actually dropped. So there are many stations charging $3.55-3.59 for ULSD (B05, actually), and $3.69 is the most common price metro-wide.

I didn't take any photos of stations posting diesel cheaper than RUG, but I saw this at lots of stations today.[/QUOTE

Unbelievable, San Diego prices have been falling for the last 19 or 20 days. RUG at Costco in Santee was 3.77 today. I got $40 worth of RUG at $3.95 earlier in the week. D2 is down to $3.82. And I have been parking the Passat for most of the last 6 months for one reason or another. Is that stupid or what. Don't think I have purchased 60 gallons of diesel this year. Unfortunately, I have purchased much more than 60 gallons of RUG in the last 3 weeks, just for my car. Dont think I have not noticed the price.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
And I have been parking the Passat for most of the last 6 months for one reason or another. Is that stupid or what. Don't think I have purchased 60 gallons of diesel this year. Unfortunately, I have purchased much more than 60 gallons of RUG in the last 3 weeks, just for my car. Dont think I have not noticed the price.
Wow. I've done right at 180 gallons of fuel so far this year. I'd shudder to think what it would have cost had I parked my Golf, as the only other car I have regular access to is an RX-8 - with all of 21 mpg on premium. :eek: