www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI (Diesel) Emissions

TDI (Diesel) Emissions This is a discussion about emissions from TDI's. Pro's cons of Diesels (including biodiesel) effects on the environment and how they compare to Gasoline and other fuel sources for Internal combustion engines.

Old February 6th, 2018, 18:27   #61
IDoSeaDoo
Veteran Member

I purchased my car sometime in late 2016, and it's a salvage car with over 120k miles by now. I believe I have a cracked DPF too. I'm all for cleaner air, but based on the three characteristics mentioned, I don't think VW has to do anything to my car, right? If they were required to do a fix, would they just do software, or add new exhaust components as well? I suppose mine falls into the early Gen I tier of CR Diesels.
IDoSeaDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2018, 07:47   #62
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

IIRC they are required to do the fix on any car presented to them, that is registered and drivable. You may be required to bring other things into compliance first such as your cracked DPF. You may or may not be eligible for the cash part.