Goodbye ECOdiesel - totaled while parked @ 429,466 miles

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Hmm, the 2013 Passat will come with rear seat vents, so the parts will be easy to come by if a retrofit is deemed necessary some day.

Bill

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
Sorry for your loss guys. I hate to see a good mk2 get wasted like that.
I was rear ended in my mk2 GTI by an inattentive driver Tuesday evening. Rush hour traffic, stopped for traffic, glanced in my rear view and saw a Volvo V70 barreling down on me, all I had time to say was "oh $chitt" , let off the brake, and was plowed into. Luckily my girlfriend and I are ok, and the GTI only suffered minor damage. I am so glad I haven't succumbed to the trend and slammed my car. It is low but with a bit of rake to it so when the volvo was finally braking, it dove and hit me below the bumper, bashing in the spare tire well and the panel below the hatch, ripped off one of the fuel tank strap mounts, and shattering a tail light. I am just glad I usually give enough room between myself and the car in front of me, and had time to let off the brake, lessening the severity of the impact. I just showed it at New England Dustoff last Sunday too.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Ouch! Glad you and your girlfriend are ok. Hope you can fix the GTI and keep it on the road.

vlad0401

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL
the mk3 is one of my favorites and it got totaled :( i would probably tear if the mk3 jetta was white. i hope you find a good replacment

TDIswanted

TDI
2002 Jetta 180K, 2003 Golf 335K, 2003 GMC Duramax 240K, 2006 Jetta 218K
It was a bee on the windshield she said? or was she texting like she is in the first picture? I vote she was texting.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Do you guys really have to start with the texting bull**** again? Accept the fact that she's just an idiot and let's move on.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
So what's going to happen to the Eco now that you have the Passat?Did the insurance treat you ok,or is it going to be a fight? I did notice a few Eco's on fleabay last night........

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We have receive two offers, one from each company. Our company is more than hers with a lower buy back. We will accept their offer, buy the car back and sell the wreck for a reasonable price. We could part it out ourselves and get a little more money back, but neither of us has the time or desire to do that.

Any offers? :)

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Dang, so someone could pick that up from you for a little more, do an engine transplant, and motor on.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yup...

Remember that there are a lot of expensive bits on the car at the moment, so don't expect to be able to pick it up for just the value of the engine.

DaveTDIpassat

TDI
1997 Passat
How much did you want to get for it?

I have been looking for a project for some time. Your a little far from Missouri but I did recently buy a truck...

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'll have to confer with Jason about that... I'll let you know.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Yup...

Remember that there are a lot of expensive bits on the car at the moment, so don't expect to be able to pick it up for just the value of the engine.
My apologies. I hope you didn't take that the wrong way. :eek:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Not at all! Just making sure the expectations are clear from the beginning. I don't really want to start receiving PMs from people saying "I'll give you $300 for it!"... that would just add insult to injury. :)

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
How did I miss this thread?!?!?
Oh wait, just had an addition to the family, that'd explain it...

Regardless, so sorry to hear about this! Did you ever find a good one out west?
This would make a good transplant...maybe :)

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/3000849450.html

-BB

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Freight shipment! I'd volunteer my account! :)
Best thing to do is ship their engine and have JBeukelman put it in (he's practically next door)...

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Anyone want to buy a slightly abbreviated 1991 Jetta ECOdiesel with a bunch of work done to it? :) Let's hear some offers. :cool: