New A6 and A8L are available at 30% off

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
Autonation is discounting new 2016 A6 and A8L TDI's by 30%. A7's less discount. Lots of Q5's available too. Check em out on their website. I am no way connected to Autonation, just trying to help out forum members who are looking for one.

FYI, the 2016 A8L comes with a $5000 discount already on their sticker for Executive package credit. The 30% is on top of that. That will make a car normally stickered at $95,000 cost $63,000.

Last edited:

tdi_sport

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd tdi sport (limited edition) platinum grey and a 1996 dodge cummins diesel 4x4 5sp lots of mods and a 335d stock for now.
Loving it. I was waiting for that gate to open. Already have a deposit on a well optioned 7.

skinnyv

TDI
13 passat tdi se
Link? I’m not seeing this on the West Coast. Dealers holding firm on A6 at the moment.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Autonation is discounting new 2016 A6 and A8L TDI's by 30%. A7's less discount. Lots of Q5's available too. Check em out on their website. I am no way connected to Autonation, just trying to help out forum members who are looking for one.

FYI, the 2016 A8L comes with a $5000 discount already on their sticker for Executive package credit. The 30% is on top of that. That will make a car normally stickered at $95,000 cost $63,000.
Best price I see on a Q5 is about 15% off. That is consistent with the 5 different local dealers I spoke too. Someone said 20% off is standard. That is a fantasy for Q5's, at least in the NY/NJ/PA area.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I'm seeing about 25% off on the autonation site that the OP mentioned. $40.8k with a $54k sticker.

https://www.autonation.com/cars/WA1CMAFP2FA129270

.....and on a car that over two model years old, how much of a discount is that, really? I'm looking at three year old used Mercedes and BMWs, car that stickered for $60-70K going for less than $35K. Deal of he century? I think not.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
.....and on a car that over two model years old, how much of a discount is that, really? I'm looking at three year old used Mercedes and BMWs, car that stickered for $60-70K going for less than $35K. Deal of he century? I think not.
Four years Bumper to bumper warranty plus extended emissions warranty as well.

Deal of the Century, perhaps for some. :)

skinnyv

TDI
13 passat tdi se
Tech still feels a bit dated. Drove one but wife says no thanks.... not for $50+k on top of feeling neutered.

Last edited:

tdi_sport

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd tdi sport (limited edition) platinum grey and a 1996 dodge cummins diesel 4x4 5sp lots of mods and a 335d stock for now.
Tech still feels a bit dated. Drove one but wife says no thanks.... not for $50+k on top of feeling neutered.

My christmas wish would be for a plug and play tuning box. But alas it is not possible im told.

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
Used 3 year old cars do not equal new leftover 2 year old vehicles.

I think paying under $64,000 for a new car that has an MSRP of over $95000 with full (4/50000) warranty and 10 year motor and emissions warranty is a good deal. That's why I took it. The A8L TDI is a phenomenal car that I have enjoyed for the last 1 1/2 years and 24,000 miles. The new one I just got, even with the "fix", drives and handles the same, just with slightly lower (1-2 mpg) fuel mileage. No better highway cruiser available for that money.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Used 3 year old cars do not equal new leftover 2 year old vehicles.

I think paying under $64,000 for a new car that has an MSRP of over $95000 with full (4/50000) warranty and 10 year motor and emissions warranty is a good deal. That's why I took it. The A8L TDI is a phenomenal car that I have enjoyed for the last 1 1/2 years and 24,000 miles. The new one I just got, even with the "fix", drives and handles the same, just with slightly lower (1-2 mpg) fuel mileage. No better highway cruiser available for that money.
Good luck. Your cruiser, your choice, your money.

skinnyv

TDI
13 passat tdi se
Giving this a second thought , now may consider an A7.

Is 25% off too much to ask? Seems reasonable, may try this weekend.

skinnyv

TDI
13 passat tdi se
I can get 20% off an A7 , the car blew away the A6 we drove very nice. It had the sport package and a few other bells. Any other concerns longer term folks have on these?
They have the new car warranty. What if something else pops up related to the fix?

We may pull the trigger on this.

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
I can get 20% off an A7 , the car blew away the A6 we drove very nice. It had the sport package and a few other bells. Any other concerns longer term folks have on these?
They have the new car warranty. What if something else pops up related to the fix?

We may pull the trigger on this.
It is a very nice car indeed, just one thing to consider - depreciation. If you are able to swallow that bitter pill, then nothing better.
The dieselgate has been driving the prices of the new and used TDIs but this may not last longer as KBBs and NADAs of the world will reflect the real world pricing when more and more TDIs start hitting the market.

skinnyv

TDI
13 passat tdi se
It is a very nice car indeed, just one thing to consider - depreciation. If you are able to swallow that bitter pill, then nothing better.
The dieselgate has been driving the prices of the new and used TDIs but this may not last longer as KBBs and NADAs of the world will reflect the real world pricing when more and more TDIs start hitting the market.
Yeah I figure you need to keep these purchases especially with the 2 year loss, it will take a huge hit.
Good news is one of our vehicles is on year 9 and we would have kept the VW TDI.
I’d love to get 5% more but looks like it’s not gonna happen. I feel like these guys will pull the cars before marking down 35% or more.

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
Yeah I figure you need to keep these purchases especially with the 2 year loss, it will take a huge hit.
Good news is one of our vehicles is on year 9 and we would have kept the VW TDI.
I’d love to get 5% more but looks like it’s not gonna happen. I feel like these guys will pull the cars before marking down 35% or more.
Personally, I would not have made a deal for just 20% discount. It is just not enough.
Though I'm not a huge diesel enthusiast, I do like them but I just don't understand the premium for saving gas and a higher torque. If you haven't tried, try the gasoline 3.0 supercharged A7. It will change your perception.
Some manufacturers are already proving 20% discount on their current year inventory (Infinity, Acura to be specific though they are not inthe same range as BMW and Audi)

Last edited:

skinnyv

TDI
13 passat tdi se
Personally, I would not have made a deal for just 20% discount. It is just not enough.
Though I'm not a huge diesel enthusiast, I do like them but I just don't understand the premium for saving gas and a higher torque. If you haven't tried, try the gasoline 3.0 supercharged A7. It will change your perception.
Some manufacturers are already proving 20% discount on their current year inventory (Infinity, Acura to be specific though they are not inthe same range as BMW and Audi)
Appreciate the feedback, no paper signed yet. Our city happens to be one of Audi’s top markets so this dealer may not budge. The dealership was buzzing yesterday all kinds of folks driving and buying cars.
I do agree I see automakers needing to markdown or incentivize prices in the coming months for sales , who knows.

I also don’t think if we over pay by a few $k it’s the end of the world if it’s the car we want.

skinnyv

TDI
13 passat tdi se
Done deal got 25% off , there was some sun damage (dash texture slightly off in a spot, seat color if you look very close front pax seat)we will have to live with but knocked off another 5%.

Verified emissions extended warranty is in play.

Last edited:

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
Done deal got 25% off , there was some sun damage (dash texture slightly off in a spot, seat color if you look very close front pax seat)we will have to live with but knocked off another 5%.

Bottom line is you got a great "new" car at a good price. Having owned 2 C7 platform cars, I would have recommended the A8L over the A7 but the A7 is clearly more sporty looking. Having driven a 3.0 liter TDI car for over 25,000 miles now, I can truly say it is a great powerplant and gets great mileage.

Good luck with it. I also recommend you get Audicare.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man

Good deal, what's the spec?

skinnyv

TDI
13 passat tdi se
Good deal, what's the spec?
Prestige , Sport package, Black optics 20” wheels etc , Driving Assistance Package , Black Headliner . Bose , led , I think that’s it.

Some cosmetic stuff promised to be taken care of and replaced soon. The car at night with the lighting was a nice surprise.

I think that’s it $60k ... before TTL. New car financing which the banks won’t do on 2016 also. 2.9 % 66 mos

Warranty and other stuff is pretty nice.

MSRP $79,995

It’s the wife’s driver, We will be selling back the Passat soon should net $25-26k, being loyal to VW ;) . I think all in all good deal for us we get a nice luxury car without he price tag and buy back bonus.

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Prestige , Sport package, Black optics 20” wheels etc , Driving Assistance Package , Black Headliner . Bose , led , I think that’s it.

Some cosmetic stuff promised to be taken care of and replaced soon. The car at night with the lighting was a nice surprise.

I think that’s it $60k ... before TTL. New car financing which the banks won’t do on 2016 also. 2.9 % 66 mos

Warranty and other stuff is pretty nice.

MSRP $79,995

It’s the wife’s driver, We will be selling back the Passat soon should net $25-26k, being loyal to VW ;) . I think all in all good deal for us we get a nice luxury car without he price tag and buy back bonus.
Drool. This forum deserves pictures.

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
Congratulations on the new ride. A7 has one of those timeless design which will not get old anytime soon.