Tapatalk error

najel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 5 speed
Does this happen to anyone else, or is it something going on with my phone?
In tapatalk, I can browse the forum, but can't read any threads. It correctly shows my subscriptions, whether they're unread, etc, but when I open any thread, I get this:

It reads:
"Network error, please try again later (get_thread_by_unread | TDIClub) Open in Browser."

The open in browser link works, but does not take me to the unread post.

najel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 5 speed
Well, yeah, not the greatest, but TDI Club does not work well at all on the phone browser, it does not scale to the screen size.
Reading used to work fine, all of the sudden no more. Just trying to see if anyone else sees this error, or if it's just me.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
It's not us or tapatalk . It's tdiclub. No other forum gives me issues,even with adblock running.

Mods and admins need to get with the new age! Or their update broke some stuff.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Being that tdiclub is only supported by donations, help them out with a huge donation to upgrade everything to fix your issues. Assuming it is tdiclub in the first place.

najel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 5 speed
I would love to donate and "earmark" my donation for that purpose. Maybe an admin/mod could chime in and let us know if that's possible/what it would take?

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
I have worked with the taptalk support and they found that this site needs to update the taptalk software. Didn't sound too hard by the way they said but just need to contact the right person who handles that. Taptalk did email the administration that they had a week ago but still no fix. Agree that the app is nice for reading on the phone and posting pictures.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I got the same email back from Tapatalk that TDIclub needs to update its Tapatalk plugin, and that an email was sent to the administrator. If this is something that costs the forum money to upgrade, I'm all for chipping in!

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
The Tapatalk plugin for vBulletin versions 3.8.x was updated a year ago on 2/24/17. I find it hard to believe the issue in Tapatalk is because of an incorrect plugin used by TDIclub unless it was accidentally removed over the past couple of months!

Used the "contact us" link at the bottom of the forum to send an email to the admins. Hoping for a resolution as this is the only way in my opinion to easily add photos to threads.

Last edited:

halfbytecode

TDI
1.6 TDI - CR, 2010 Polo Sedan
I am also facing this issue, for quite some time now. Please fix the issue, or I can take a look if you want.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
When will this tapatalk 'not working'-error be fixed? If ever? Nobody cares? Quite annoying to be honest. Mobile using close to zero.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Tapatalk asks me to log in with my user name and password, each time it says it failed. I don't come on here much anymore. This will only limit my browsing to rare days where I'm on a laptop with time to spare which is very rare, oh well.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Seems like there are no admins here anymore to actually fix it.

najel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 5 speed
Someone else used the e-mail contact on the website a while ago, and I did, too, last week, I think, to ask about this, and ask mods to maybe chime in on this thread so we at least know what's going on and if there are any plans to address the issue. No response, and seems like no mods in this thread so far...

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
It works again, thank you?

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Nope, And nope atleast on tapatalk. Same errors as always.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
It appears that iPhone users may have it working, but is showing a bunch of jumbled mess in their replies anytime they enter an apostrophe.

Oo-v-oO

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta Expired... Now 2000 Golf & 2002 Golf
Hasn't worked for me on Android for quite a while. "Network error, please try again later".

Tapatalk isn't the best, but it does make mobile reading a WHOLE lot easier than trying to use a browser.

Also had similar issues with a different forum at about the same time, but the Admins there were able to take care of it quickly.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
After I posted that it worked it doesn’t didn’t work the next time but now it’s working again for me on my iPhone.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Sorry for the delay in responding on this item. I'll have a look at this shortly to see if I can't get it to work again.

Fred

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Sorry for the delay in responding on this item. I'll have a look at this shortly to see if I can't get it to work again.

Fred
I too have a problem loggin onTapatalk app on my iPhone but works fine on my PC please HZELP
Thanks

tleader

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Just logged in on my iPhone 7+ and its seems to be working again. Hope it stays that way. Thanks for taking care of the problem.