What did you do to your MK7 today?

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
I finally swapped my non-paddle shifter wheel with paddle shifters. Thanks to Nuje on this forum for his experience and advice. Super easy to do.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Drove it! Need an inspection sticker on the GSW and realized I haven't driven it more than 3 miles since I had the tune updated in February. So I've got to drive it around some to make sure it shows readiness for the inspection. Took it out on a highway run and it almost immediately went into a regen, so that's good. The new tune is really nice: very smooth and lots of torque at low revs. Like a diesel should be.

It needs fuel: I last filled it exactly 8 months ago. I really should drive it more!

Cannar

TDI
Golf MK7 1.6
Installed a GTI style rear valance / diffuser. Honestly, I'm not sure if I like it or not. The exhaust looks completely lost in there.

Can't seem to get the image to work, so here's the imgur album link.
https://imgur.com/a/FDTtaDZ

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Take it to an exhaust shop and have them delete the muffler and weld in dual exhaust tips of your choice. I went with 3 inch matte black tips on my Golf with GTI rear valence. I did NOT want any additional noise but the DPF muffles everything. I notice no difference with the muffler gone. If you don't want to go dual you could just have the existing tip replaced/centered on the one side. That would still look good I think.

As for my car... not today but in the last week... added Sport Display (Performance Monitor) and driving profiles to my Golf. Still waiting on the harness from Ali to install the mode button switch beside the shifter. I need to confirm switchingworks by installing temporary wire to BCM plug C pin 34. Grounding this wire will simulate pressing the button which brings up driving profile menu. But seeing normal in the upper left corner of the MIB makes me fairly confident I have no issues.

My mods... and dirty exhaust pic with GTI valence.

Last edited:

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
Finally executed, bought and installed the rear diffuser.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Had a tune (RC) put on a couple weeks back, & just finished a 1K road trip. AS IBW opined, very smooth with increased low end torque. I am pleased with it & looking forward to the return trip. The only problem is: It starts the what should I do to it next???

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Passed Mass state inspection and rotated it into the IDParts warhouse so I could bring the Mercedes home for some attention.

That's Jetter_Sprintah's very dusty B4V in the background. So these are the first and the last TDI wagons in North America. Along with a bunch of brake rotors.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Hey, Bob, have you had Stage 2 of the recall done yet?

Had a tune (RC) put on a couple weeks back, & just finished a 1K road trip. AS IBW opined, very smooth with increased low end torque. I am pleased with it & looking forward to the return trip. The only problem is: It starts the what should I do to it next???

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Cross post from the other forum... if I can get this thread to open in Tapatalk I'll add pictures, sometimes it opens, others times it doesn't...

Replaced engine and transmission mounts with 034 mounts, all new hardware. Got the wife to tighten bolts while I kept the engine/transmission in place. Found that out of the factory my transmission mount was slightly misaligned. That might explain why a dogbone insert gave me unbearable vibration... who knows? Anyway, engine mount is a little more annoying on a diesel, extra stuff in the way.

I also see why no one shows the TDI in their fitment guides. New engine mount is missing a mounting point for an existing bracket, but the bracket has 2 other mount points so is in no danger of moving around. The Superpro engine mount (which is no longer available) does show that mounting point but I don't think the TDI was on their fitment list either.

Blah blah blah... my stock mounts, once removed, could be flexed by hand which I assume isn't good. Went for a drive and it feels better going through the gears. I don't launch the car but getting a smooth start with low-medium throttle was easier.

MOST importantly to me, no noticeable difference in noise or vibration, even with the A/C on. Very happy that 034's claims held up in that regard. Their dogbone inserts will get installed in conjunction with the aluminum subframe, hopefully 2 weekends from now.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Went for a little test drive after I did modification to my trailer allowing it to carry 2 motorcycle.

About 1500lbs w/trailer. Pulled wonderfully!
Ready for the season.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Passed Mass state inspection and rotated it into the IDParts warhouse so I could bring the Mercedes home for some attention.

That's Jetter_Sprintah's very dusty B4V in the background. So these are the first and the last TDI wagons in North America. Along with a bunch of brake rotors.
For some reason I thought your Sportwagen was red....

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
Fueled her up for $3.29/gal. Last fill up was March 24th due to SIP. Been using the Powerstroke more.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Cross post from the other forum... if I can get this thread to open in Tapatalk I'll add pictures, sometimes it opens, others times it doesn't...

Replaced engine and transmission mounts with 034 mounts, all new hardware. Got the wife to tighten bolts while I kept the engine/transmission in place. Found that out of the factory my transmission mount was slightly misaligned. That might explain why a dogbone insert gave me unbearable vibration... who knows? Anyway, engine mount is a little more annoying on a diesel, extra stuff in the way.

I also see why no one shows the TDI in their fitment guides. New engine mount is missing a mounting point for an existing bracket, but the bracket has 2 other mount points so is in no danger of moving around. The Superpro engine mount (which is no longer available) does show that mounting point but I don't think the TDI was on their fitment list either.

Blah blah blah... my stock mounts, once removed, could be flexed by hand which I assume isn't good. Went for a drive and it feels better going through the gears. I don't launch the car but getting a smooth start with low-medium throttle was easier.

MOST importantly to me, no noticeable difference in noise or vibration, even with the A/C on. Very happy that 034's claims held up in that regard. Their dogbone inserts will get installed in conjunction with the aluminum subframe, hopefully 2 weekends from now.

be careful with those 034, they use VW castings with upgraded rubber bits and have shown if you romp on them, the castings will give away. Mostly I think it happens if you wheel hop, and may be more a GTI issue than a TDI issue.

Any issues with the fuel filter mounting?

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I plan to keep an eye on them. I don't romp on the car. Hardest I've ever driven was this past weekend, Last Sunday group drive in LA, it was awesome. But no launches and I've never launched the car. Never experienced wheel hop and hopefully won't. My limited understanding is wheel hop kills mounts that aren't stiff enough to stop it and I'm not willing to risk nvh of using stiffer mounts on the TDI.

This weekend was about 120 miles of semi-aggressive driving and it felt great shifting with the new mounts, 2nd, 3rd and 4th for the whole drive. Absolutely zero added noise or vibration with the new mounts but the engine is significantly harder to move by hand. Hopefully that doesn't change as the mounts break in.

Fuel filter still has 2 mount points and is in no way moving with those two secure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
yeah i think this is why many other aftermarket mounts (BFI) aren't TDI compliant.

I'm sure a normal TDI driver will never cause the mount to fail, and I'll be curious at how the stiffer rubber insert will hold up over the miles, i think they eventually do fail similar to OEM, but prob just longer time frame.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I went to dealer on Thursday for the 50k mile oil change, also had tires rotated.Dealer was quite busy, service advisor said they have been slammed during this whole Covid thing....

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen

Mirror fell of today, I was able to catch it.

Now wondering what glue to use since it need to beat heat resistant...

Ovrhill

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon BEW, '06 Golf BEW, '15 Golf TDI(sold), '05 Golf TDI (wrecked)
Probably lots of choices to reattach it.

I used Weldwood Contact Cement by DAP when the same thing happened on my MK4. Comes in a 3oz glass bottle with a brush applicator. Get it at Ace Hardware or Home Depot.

Worked well for me. Still on after a couple of years in the Texas heat. Just make sure that you apply to both surfaces and let it cure. Good for other projects as well.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Yesterday: Audi S3 aluminum subframe (5Q0 199 369G), Whiteline KTA252 aluminum lower control arms, Neuspeed 15.02.25.5 25mm tubuluar front sway bar, 034 upper and lower pendulum mount inserts. Replacement ball joints (Lemforder) and all new mounting hardware.

I will be installing the Neuspeed 25.02.22.2 22mm solid rear sway bar this coming weekend.

Haven't driven it hard yet... but I LOVE the way the car feels now. It finally reminds me of how connected my Mk4 GTI feels but with none of the vibration or harshness. Shifts are easy and have a pleasant "thunk" into each gear. I think this is combination of the inserts and the motor/trans mounts. I already had the Dieselgeek Sigma 6 and Raceseng heavier shift knob (at stock height) but it always felt like the shift cables could use a little adjustment... not anymore. Zero added vibration over stock, even with the A/C on (super important to me). I can hear more engine noise when in gear and accelerating but it isn't being converted to vibration in the car which is perfect for me.

Install and alignment was performed by Pacific German in Laguna Beach... the first shop I've been to that I would recommend without hesitation. Even at 150 miles round trip. Steering effort is increased in a good way and the car feels rock solid at speed (possibly a combination of increased caster and spring/shock combo).

The KTA252s are supposed to add 2 degrees of caster and less than .5 degrees camber. The added caster is something I had long been "concerned" about although it only seems to be a problem for folks running aggressive wheel/tire setups. I will post pictures but my wheels aren't noticeably moved forward in the arches which is a good thing. I'm running Neuspeed RSE05s with an effective offset of ET35 on B8's with H&R Sports. Wheels are 17x8 with 225/45s.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
So, is this essentially the setup you put in your car?
(photo ripped from vwroc.com)

Sure looks pretty; good to hear that it's not just for show. :)

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Pretty much only difference is my sway bar is red, which matches my paint, haha. Actually had the Superpro LCAs but then I read on
Golfmk7 some people were chasing low speed clunking noises that they attributed to swivel bearing of the control arm. I'm not at all willing to accept suspension noise as normal so they went back and I ordered the Whitelines.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.

Finally got new wheels. Always loved the "Anthracite" color VW used on their Goal wheels, but came across a like-new set of Vision V's dirt cheap. So I decided to get them powder coated.

Finding VW's color code for "Anthracite" on a specific wheel is harder than you think. Hell, color matching any wheel is stupid difficult. I had to physically find a wheel to get the color code suffix of the part number. In this case, its LV7U which is also known as LY7V "Dolomite Grey Metallic". The industry color codes are:
  • PPG 33357
  • DuPont 45936
  • Martin Senour 22604
  • Sherwin Williams 30430
Doing searches, I saw a couple other people ask over the years. So hopefully Google's index of this helps someone else in the future.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
that is a nice color, i'd love to drop the $400 on powder coating my wheels to match that, i think with dark blue it'd look pretty mean.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Took mine on a little road trip to deliver some B4 parts to another member. Ended up w/ 54.7 mpg when I filled up about 1/2 way back. The lie-o-meter stayed in the upper 50's to 61.1 when I got to destination, and stayed right around 60mpg on the way home, on the From Start display....

shortydog

TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2005 MK4 Jetta TDI
Nice Golf ��

Today I replaced the rear valance with the gti one. Unfortunately the muffler shop didn't have tips that fit the exhaust cut outs. The stock muffler was deleted.

Last edited: