Boost gauges

tmarion

TDI
Black '01 Jetta, 5 speed
Is anyone running a vent mounted boost gauge? I've been contemplating purchasing this one since i plan on chipping my car in the summer but I'm not sure where i can get a tap kit.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...r-Vent-Pod-amp-Electrical-Boost-Gauge-Package!

Does anyone know of other companies offering a vent gauge? I'm looking for someyhing subtle and am not a big fan of the fast and furious style a-pillar or steering wheel mounts...

Thanks!

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Most of the time the fitting that you use to tap the flat part of the pipe coming up from the inter-cooler will be a 1/8th pipe tap which you can get at any hardware store. Of course you have to also by the strange tap drill too.

I have the tap and drill in an envelope in my tool box marked 1/8 pipe tap and drill; I know where it is and can read too. :)

I like this boost guage install kit myself as I have dual pod in my car with boost and egt: http://www.newsouthperformance.com/Mk4pod.htm

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
tmarion, if you don't like the vent gauge I have seen people put a boost gauge along with one or two other gauges in the slot above the single din radio. If you have a single din radio, that would be another great option. I know some places sell the flat piece designed for that exact spot with two or three round openings for gauges.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I like the steering pod mount as you do not have look away from the road to see what is going on, just glance down and it is there. Yes the slot above the radio has room but my 6 CD changer is a better use of it.

Of course I am also a fan of analog gauges as I know my boost and EGT guages should not go past 3:00 on the guage or boost or EGT is getting too high. I don't need to know the exact number but a quick glance will tell you how your are doing.

Ridelife

TDI
02 Jetta tdi auto, 01 Jetta tdi auto 1016 DLC-kerma tune, 2014 Passat TDI 6 speed manual
tmarion, if you don't like the vent gauge I have seen people put a boost gauge along with one or two other gauges in the slot above the single din radio. If you have a single din radio, that would be another great option. I know some places sell the flat piece designed for that exact spot with two or three round openings for gauges.
where are these places you speak of? is there other websites then the ones listed above, maybe with different gauge styles? please share you wisdom.

Last edited: