Dealing with BeachedBora....

G3Variant

TDI
Golf 3 1.9TDI (AFN)
fast to reply emails. Called me to Norway so I got the right parts. Thats great service!

But hope the iteams is shipped soon, since I payed 06-11-09.. And cant use my car since the parts has not been shipped :(

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
They were shipped on the 16th, as I said when I called I was a bit sick that week and backed things up a bit. Anyway, should be there soonish, sometimes international shipping takes a while via USPS. Plus is it's cheap... :-/

G3Variant

TDI
Golf 3 1.9TDI (AFN)
ok:) yes you where sick, and the service from you is great:) but then the tracking number doesnt work.. Because its just standst that they have been electronic notified..

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I might as well explain it here so all international customers can weigh benefits and drawbacks to various systems....We always try to do the best value possible for customers. Because of this almost all the time we use USPS to ship international. The cost to ship a clutch kit to Canada is $48, customs and brokerage are almost nothing. In the last two months I have shipped a suspension to Iceland, a turbo to Reunion island, a clutch kit to Norway, Greece, Spain and the UK, and various other small items from Russia to Serbia, Scotland, Brazil etc...In every case its gone USPS.

USPS Pros/Cons:
  • Cheap! A clutch kit to Norway is $80. Suspension to Iceland $104. Clutch to Canada $48.
  • No reliable tracking. They have delivery confirmation, which tells me when the package has been delivered. Often this isn't updated. Generally they take 10 or more business days to deliver international. Sometimes things rush through in 5-7, sometimes it takes 13-20. Most of that time it says "Electronic notification received" (see link).
  • Low import duty
UPS Pros/Cons:
  • Very Fast
  • Reliable
  • Extremely expensive
  • High import duty
A package sent USPS generally ends up with 5-10% of declared value in extra fees. A package with a declared value of $400 then usually has about $40 in import duty. The same package sent UPS usually costs $125+.

And what about that $80 clutch going to Scandinavia via USPS? Same kit going UPS:

Believe me, if I could fly it there myself I would, as you see here I get called a miracle worker from time to time; and I do my best to get things out as quick as possible. Heavy items cost, when you factor in customs and brokerage, about $400 more than sending USPS. I just wish USPS had a better tracking system. I'll keep an eye on things, as I am sure you will too!

Sorry for the long winded post; for these reasons most customers aren't willing or able to pay for UPS. This is why we do the best we can with what we have and hope it all works out. Usually it does, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes I'm still called a miracle worker, sometimes I'm called other things. ;). The clutch that just went to Greece took 24 days, which is the longest I've had to deal with. It was held in Greek customs for 11 of those days, which is obviously not my fault, nor USPS's fault. But as you said, I did give you a call on the opposite side of the world to make sure we had everything right and so we could have it out a day sooner than what it would have been...

Takk! :D
-BB

G3Variant

TDI
Golf 3 1.9TDI (AFN)
Aaron you have great service! And Im very glad that you have cheap shipping!

So its not you, its USPS.. :)

great service from you!! :D

BleachedBora

TDI
No worries, I appreciate it--it's hard to set a tone from behind a keyboard :). Point is I'm in no way upset with my previous message, just trying to help everyone understand how (mostly international) shipping works.
Be patient, feel free to stay in touch but it's really out of my hands now until it arrives.
Please tell me Norwegian post is more reliable....(granted, smaller population; Finnish post was amazing when I lived there. Anything shipped was always received next day).
Cheers!
-BB

rez311

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 TDI White
When I purchase stuff from China, it takes 2-4 weeks. International sucks. One time I shipped a new PC for a friend, and Canadian customs kept the damn thing for 2 months!!!! The PC ended up broken, shipped back to me one more month later, and 1/2 of my money refunded with a broken $1000 PC. The refund took another month, totaling 4 months of BS. I love shipping internationally. :)

G3Variant

TDI
Golf 3 1.9TDI (AFN)
Then the clutch has arrived :)
Thank you aaron! :)

Have not open the box, Im gonna mount it tomorrow if everything goes my way :)

BleachedBora

TDI
Yay! Glad it made it through customs finally!
Enjoy!
-BB

Dankcorey22

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 ALH & 83 1.6 TD CY
Yes Aaron is great! I bought my DC stage 2 clutch from him! Fast delivery every time i order from him:D ! Now Kerma on the other hand:mad: Sucks! sorry guys but i had too! I wouldnt buy from them, stick to Peter or Aaron!

Ryan VW 91

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Bought and installed a DC stage 4 clutch from Aaron. Just waiting to get it broken in, but so far so good! Very happy with dealing with Aaron and would definitely buy from him again.

G3Variant

TDI
Golf 3 1.9TDI (AFN)
Does anyone have a DIY for mounting the clutch?

have mounted mine, but when the car is running Im trying to clutch, it a VERY noisy sound. like metal to metal.. When the car is not running its all work great! Can shift gear and clutch..

Anyone who knowes?

Last edited:

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
is it just me, or does this thread seem out of place outside the vendors section

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
KERMA said:
is it just me, or does this thread seem out of place outside the vendors section
It's just you.

:p

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I'm not really going to be able to add anything that hasn't already been said here, but I've got to say my piece any way!!!

So I ordered some Cupra R rear axle bushings from Aaron on July 16th. He said they'd be in by Monday the 20th. When they still hadn't arrived today (the 23rd), I emailed Aaron. He got back to me within 30 minutes saying something wasn't right and confirmed the shipping address. Turns out I gave him some bogus shipping address as it was so late at night when I ordered them!!! Well, long story short, I need these bushings BAD, so I asked him if I could order another set and get credited when the other ones get returned to him via USPS. He said, "you pay for the shipping for the second set (a measly $10) and I'll ship them tonight. Don't worry about ordering another set, I'll just send them to you!". And this was all at 9:30 PM!!!

Aaron, thanks again. I truly appreciate it. I'll do a write up on the bushing install and what I think of it when I get them in the car!

Cheers,
-Chris

KnLPrez

TDI
2002 New Beetle TDi
Cheater!

Aaron cheats... the laws of physics that is! I think he has a personal wormhole or something... I ordered front and rear sets of pads and discs and some brake fluid for an '03 Beetle in the afternoon and they arrived less than 24 hours later via UPS ground... Granted he is an hour behind, but still! They shipped from Utah (at first I thought maybe they drop shipped from next door it was so fast) to southern Illinois, I still do not know how they came so fast. It seriously takes longer to get a package from Chicago! I almost wonder if he didn't drive them to my place himself, lol. He has been very helpful even though this particular VW is a gasser :rolleyes: I am going to do as much business with him in the future that I can, and I am recommending everyone else I know to do the same!

Thanks again Aaron!

Kingston

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
Aaron is so amazing that I convinced my dad to order the timing belt kit and other parts from him for my little brothers passat. I have said it before and I will continue to say it, I will not go any place else for my VW needs and wants; except maybe the tuning. Aaron, you arent writing your own tunes yet are you? ;)

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
KnLPrez said:
I ordered front and rear sets of pads and discs and some brake fluid for an '03 Beetle in the afternoon and they arrived less than 24 hours later via UPS ground...

Thanks again Aaron!

Kingston
It's spooky.:D Sometimes when you call him, he's actually at the post office or UPS station sending out packages as he's speaking on the phone. In my case it was less then 20 hours for a steering rack to reach my driveway after hanging up with him.

That's amazing - West Coast 15h00 call and arriving a.m. East Coast the next morning.:eek:

BleachedBora

TDI
I do my best :).

Meanwhile, I am soon to announce 1.8T and 2.0T tuning. Contact me with special requests until that happens.
-BB

BobZ

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat tdi, 15 Passat TDI SE auto, 06 Sierra 6.6 DMax
Thanks Aaron - Balance Shaft Module (deluxe) with motor mounts and trans fluid and filter arrived in time and under budget - what more could you ask for!

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
Ordered a set of the specially priced Sprint 520s Saturday night, received them TODAY! Couldn't ask for anything more :)

ObscuredByClouds

Veteran Member
A required field called Location is missing or has
TDI
A required field called TDI is missing or has an invalid value.
Another big thanks to bleached bora! I switched accounts on my paypal as I changed banks and didn't have access to funds when I ordered. ($500 of parts!). All I got was a bright response and a tracking number! I recieved the parts today and my paypal cleared my account, so I squared away the deal. Thanks alot for that.. and for the fast shipping! Now my trip to canada will be nozzled/tensioned/belted :D

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
Man gotta hand it to him. I got gli seats from him and now im getting glow plugs. i asked for the wrong ones so i e-mailed him and told him that when i send the $ to just send the other pair. I got an email back saying he would send the rights ones but that he had already sent the others. ( HE sent them to me b4 i paid) I give him 4 stars.

SpacemanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
No TDI for me :(
+10 for Boraparts.com - great prices and parts, amazingly fast shipping and very helpful on the phone!

chuckbrush

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 96 Deep Red
Remarkable Perseverance

I wanted an OEM type AC compressor for my 96 Passat TDI. After ordering from two separate internet vendors, who assured me they were selling real Sanden compressors, shipped me Chinese copy's, I contacted Aaron. His vendor drop shipped me yet another Chinese compressor which Aaron straightened out immediately, followed by his ordering in two more compressors from another vendor (listed as Sanden) that turned out to be Chinese. He was finally able to find one, and only one, of the real thing in stock somewhere and get it to me. This entire effort was way above the call of duty, and I'd like to mention he held his original quote even though I'm sure this wasn't a high profit transaction. I really don't think there is another parts person out there that would go to this much effort for a perfect stranger..........

Thanks Aaron

Chuck

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
chuckbrush said:
I really don't think there is another parts person out there that would go to this much effort for a perfect stranger..........

Thanks Aaron

Chuck
This is what sets him apart and we all get this kind of treatment from transation #1! :)

tdinoob

TDI
2006 Jetta
Absolutely wonderful experience

Just ordered some brake pads, brake fluid and fuel filter from Aaron and I've got to say that it was by far one of the best online experiences I've had in a long, long time. And I buy a ton of stuff online...

With Aaron located somewhere on the West coast and with me being in New Jersey - I was resigned to getting this shipment next week. Imagine my surprise - when Aaron said that I'll probably get it the next day. Turns out he's got an East coast distributor!

Aaron - I'll be buying all my TDI stuff from you from now on. Thanks for a great shopping experience.

VDubsoon

I too agree that Aaron's customer service is top notch.

He called me this past Saturday (9/19) asking me if I got my timing belt kit yet. When I indicated I had not, he apologized and indicated it would ship priority that day. Low and behold, it arrived today (and I am sure it would have yesterday if the USPS had airboats to deliver in the midst of Atlanta flooding).

Excellent knowledge, excellent service!!