1.8 pancake pipe

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
nope, custom turbo to pancake hose required
thanks. I'm trying to get all my parts and supplies lined up before I start things to reduce down time.

Do you know the sizes/bends by any chance? A lot of the older threads were photobucketed - no pics...

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
what turbo?
if stock, you'll see no gain other than eliminating one of the clip-connectors

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I have the 1.8T pancake pipe on my engine, and I am using the stock hoses. When I installed my new turbo the hose kept blowing off of the clips so I used two self-tapping screws to stop that problem with the original pancake pipe. With the 1.8t pancake pipe I removed the o-ring and screwed the pancake pipe onto the old hose with a fair bit of fiddling. Some super sticky tape will fix any air leaks.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
I have the 1.8T pancake pipe on my engine, and I am using the stock hoses. When I installed my new turbo the hose kept blowing off of the clips so I used two self-tapping screws to stop that problem with the original pancake pipe. With the 1.8t pancake pipe I removed the o-ring and screwed the pancake pipe onto the old hose with a fair bit of fiddling. Some super sticky tape will fix any air leaks.
that is super helpful. Thank you.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
It was a bit of a pain in the rear initially, but running 22-24 PSI is a non-issue anymore; what I think really happened was my actuator arm was too short and I hit something well in excess of 30 PSI and it blew off so quickly I couldn't actually log the boost pressure.