3.0 V6 Tdi bw s300v ??

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
When you say "turbos" are you doing a compound or sequential?
My original plan was a compound/sequential system but unfortunately I didn't have any space for another turbo and ancillaries.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
There doesn't appear to be much if any clearance between the turbo and shock tower for when the engine rocks under load...

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
There doesn't appear to be much if any clearance between the turbo and shock tower for when the engine rocks under load...
Are you taking about my car? Yes I got enough clearance from steering shaft and engine mount... so far only problem is the filter that is 10mm distant from AC pipe and my Actuator socket that is very close to steering wheel reservoir.
Also turbo housing is 25mm from chassis but I used a jacket and now it is very tight :D.

I have been driving this for 4 days now.. did many trial runs with different maps.. push it very hard, pot holes and so on.. and all looks ok so far.

Thanks. Jackson.

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 RS4 Titanium 3.0TDI & 2013 Touareg TDI & B6 S4 BHW Swap Biturbo
Was yours a s360v oem with that billet wheel or did you hybrid it from a 356 to 360

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
Are you taking about my car? Yes I got enough clearance from steering shaft and engine mount... so far only problem is the filter that is 10mm distant from AC pipe and my Actuator socket that is very close to steering wheel reservoir.
Also turbo housing is 25mm from chassis but I used a jacket and now it is very tight :D.
I also shake engine vigorously side to side and front and back to see if touch something or make some strange noise.. but it seems ok.

I have been driving this for 4 days now.. did many trial runs with different maps.. push it very hard, pot holes and so on.. and all looks ok so far.

Thanks. Jackson.

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
That's a good question it could be 62.5mm last time I measured was 65mm... but as I understand both s356v and s360v share same hot size.

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
Thats what i wonder because i dont think my 56mm comp will be enough to reach my goals so i will have to swap out the compressor

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
The engine will be goin on a water brake dyno over the winter so we will see what its capable of

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
Dyno done. First map done 1800 rail 2.3boost I got 437.8hp 790nm ... that's excellent news,my system kept torque low and higher HP output.

Next is 500hp target up rail to 2000 and boost to 2.5bar and see what power I get.
Jackson.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Excelent! I assume you have changed r90 rail pump?

Lähetetty minun PLK-L01 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
That is very good power with r70 pump! Usually they run out of steam before 400hp.
Now I have to get my own build back on track. Still undecided on hp turbo and weather to run sequential or fully compound. SXE362 as a lp turbo.

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
Congrats on the power run - surrey rolling road? If so you nearly took the diesel record :)
You measured egt's with 1800bar railp?
Unfortunately Charlie is not in till 22/10 and I had to dyno it in Slough.
I can't measure egt yet. Got a problem wih my logs..egt reach 299c and it stays there.. Egt been replaced but same... need to investigate.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Thats possibly because some times you need to alter egt sensor linearisation when doing dpf delete on these. It might be done that way.

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
Thats possibly because some times you need to alter egt sensor linearisation when doing dpf delete on these. It might be done that way.

Yeah theres was a small problem with egt map when did dpf delete. Now all back to normal. My Egt peaks at 550C.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
you can roughly figure turbine inlet temperature if you've got an idea of pressure drop across the turbine

temperature changes a surprising amount with pressure change

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Sure but u really need to measure before turbine. Its no use after turbine at all

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Sure but u really need to measure before turbine. Its no use after turbine at all
but looking at it later on once you've burnt holes in pistons you can look and see
"oh gee, I was only running 600deg c after the turbine and 5 bar exhaust pressure, that's only about oh, 4100 degrees in the exhauust manifold" :p

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Thats actually pretty low EGT for a BMW. Usually they go past that even with 290hp tune and stock turbo.

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
but looking at it later on once you've burnt holes in pistons you can look and see
"oh gee, I was only running 600deg c after the turbine and 5 bar exhaust pressure, that's only about oh, 4100 degrees in the exhauust manifold" :p
Yeah but I dont have a stock or hybrid turbo.. I have a s360v turbo..I am not worried about emp with 2.3bar...not even with 3bar boost. Soon I will put emp x boost gauges and move my egt sensor to manifold... then we will know for sure. :D

Last edited: