"You did what?" as a reply to my wife...

jfwdc

TDI
'03 Jetta
Need some help with my Monsoon Stereo system. I have a '03 Jetta Auto. My wife while driving my car today put in a CD from the Library that she had to listen to. Well it wouldn't go in the slot (it nearly always does for me). So she gets fancy and uses another CD to force it in and not it is stuck.

So she finds a tweezer to pull the cd out and gives it to me to get her CD out because it belongs to the library...

So, carefully tweezing was of no use since I think the cd goes downwards upon playing. I could feel nothing.

Any ideas? First off, I noticed the same problem starting to occur very randomly, but turned off my car and then it worked.

Is this a do it yourselfer? I searched the forums for a fix for this malady and didn't find any.

Please help,

jfwdc
PS hurry, the cd is due back in the library soon :)

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
is it trying to eject it at all? there is probably a way to force an ejection. What does it do when you press the eject button? does it struggle / make noise, or do nothing?

jfwdc

TDI
'03 Jetta
Hi Thanks for the replies...

Pressing the eject button, you get "No CD"

It isn't trying to eject it.

Since I can't afford a new unit, I can't smash it (a fate it deserves) but I can remove it from it's bay and then carefully take it apart.

Thanks again,

jfwdc

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....

Since I can't afford a new unit, I can't smash it (a fate it deserves) but I can remove it from it's bay and then carefully take it apart.

Thanks again,

jfwdc
Why do you think you cannot afford a new unit? Many OEM radios from Volkswagen can be purchased for as little as $25. You may give the local parts department a call, you may be surprised.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta

Thanks again,

jfwdc
I took one apart once when it totally died and wanted to retrieve the CD. Don't know how it would have went on a still "working" unit, but it wasn't too hard.
'03 w/automatic. Take good care of the tranny, or it'll make that CD player unit replacement seem like pocket change.

gxe94

If you haven't already done this. Look for a small hole just below the CD/DVD slot, insert a straightened paper clip of about the same diameter into the hole horizontally. You should feel a slight resistance about 1/2" in, that is the release lever. Press and the CD/DVD may eject. If not you are probably looking at disassembling the player.\

Dennis

jfwdc

TDI
'03 Jetta
Thanks to all for your ideas, thoughts, and links to humor! The TDI Club is the best.

James

PS to Jettawreck: I really baby this transmission;-( no chip, no turbo-upgrades, always using parking brake prior to taking my foot off the brake pedal etc.