Top-Off Payment Notification Received!

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Just got an email stating that a top-off payment is being processed for a Q7 that i sold back in July 2017.

Keep an eye on your emails guys!

mbrunner

TDI
2011 Touareg
Just got an email stating that a top-off payment is being processed for a Q7 that i sold back in July 2017.
Keep an eye on your emails guys!
Same! I turned my TDI in July 14th and just got the receipt email! I have been on them every week since "where is the money?" :D

Came on here to share my joy!

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Was it a shock that you were getting a top off? Did they tell you another payment was paid to previous seller and they were wrong?

15TIGUAN

TDI
2010 Touareg
I owned a 2010 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI that I sold back to VW in June of 2017. Yesterday(3/13/2018) I received an email from claims_noreply@vwgoa.com stating that I am eligible for additional compensation under the 3.0-liter class action settlement and will be receiving a "top-off" payment in the amount of $4875.87. Is this for real???

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Was it a shock that you were getting a top off? Did they tell you another payment was paid to previous seller and they were wrong?
I had 50% restitution on 3 Q7s. Last time I called was several months ago and they said "you might get it some day" so I was honestly not expecting anything. So this was a nice surprise.

I owned a 2010 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI that I sold back to VW in June of 2017. Yesterday(3/13/2018) I received an email from claims_noreply@vwgoa.com stating that I am eligible for additional compensation under the 3.0-liter class action settlement and will be receiving a "top-off" payment in the amount of $4875.87. Is this for real???
Yup absolutely for real. When you did your buyback, you did not get full restitution payment and there was a note on the bottom stating that you might get Top Off payment if other claim ends up being invalid.

mbrunner

TDI
2011 Touareg
I knew from the get go that I was supposed to get the other 50%. They erroneously told me that there was a 2nd claim open against the VIN when there wasn't and I couldn't get them to change the offer letter so I turned in anyway. Just didn't expect the top-up to take 7 months.

I had been in contact with class counsel over this the last month or so and they were able to provide more information on the timing than I could get out of VW/hotline.

15TIGUAN

TDI
2010 Touareg
Unbelievable! This is absolutely for real! I received my top off payment this morning from VWGOA. Bonus!

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
My now only question is HOW I'll get the payment. As a business buyback, I had to submit additional paperwork for every payment. They haven't sent a request for it yet. If I don't see the money within a week, will have to start fighting them again.

Can someone please report back once you get the actual payment?

opsx

TDI
tdi
congrats! its so funny because a day before i got the top up email i was chatting with the claims reps yet again to see if i would EVER get it and they flat out told me that i would not and that my claim was complete. not cool.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Additionally received $750 from Bosch with a letter stating that it is extra payment for previously issued $750 check.