Timing belt replacement in GTA area?

Tinbasher

Hello everybody. I've got a 01 jetta tdi @85k and was wondering if anybody knows where I can get my timing belt done. I was considering doing it myself but think I should see it done the first time. Also. I don't have the VAG com software or cables. I know I can get the speciality tools and the video from the cinci group but just not sure how difficult it is to do. I need to know if there is any place that is reasonable IE no dealers. If someone out there has done a timing belt perhaps I could barter with them. I live in the mississauga area and would be willing to travel. Cheers. John.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I know you said no dealers, but if you don't mind a little drive, I highly recommend Belleville VW. They have a sattelite location in Coburg, so just over an hours drive. They are a VERY customer friendly dealer and would have no problems letting you watch them work. They will also install the new style belt and they replace all the required parts. Its $450 + tax for the job. Almost half what you would pay at any dealer in the GTA. You won't regret it.

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
...I highly recommend Belleville VW. They have a sattelite location in Coburg, so just over an hours drive. They are a VERY customer friendly dealer and would have no problems letting you watch them work. They will also install the new style belt and they replace all the required parts. Its $450 + tax for the job. Almost half what you would pay at any dealer in the GTA. You won't regret it.
If you don't want to do it yourself, I will second what Nigel said - Cobourg is the place to go. Kelly will take care of you. Mention TDIClub.com and you're guaranteed to be taken care of.