fuel and air intake temps: were are they taken?

M

mickey

Karl is right. The fuel temperature sensor is inside the injector pump. (Or possibley screwed into the side of it...not sure on this one.) The IAT/MAP sensor is either located in the upper charge air pipe (older TDIs) or annoyingly screwed into the top housing of the intercooler itself. (New TDIs.) This sensor provides both Intake Air Temperature and Manifold Absolute Pressure data.

-mickey

Eric Maurier

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Octavia '01, TDI 90
Hi,
I was wondering where those temps are coming from, ie for the fuel, is it right at the entrance of the pump, "in the middle", or at the exit?
Same for the intake air: my guess is it's after the intercooler, but the temps I'm reading (from 20 to 40°C) seem quite low to me: is the intercooler so efficient, or is the temp taken way above this place, ie just after the air filter?
TIA!

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
Hmmm... does anyone have any info about the IAT/MAP sensor in the A4s? If it's screwed into the intercooler, I assume it's positioned near the outlet? Part number? Any info on what type of sensor it is and what the output is?

I might be able to eliminate the boost sensor for my gauge project and use the stock MAP sensor... that would be the cleanest solution.

Thanks,

-davin