AFN - Upgrade Early ECU MAP Sensor to Later Sensor

mike.s

TDI
AFN 1.9TDI
Hi,

I have an early AFN 1.9Tdi which has the MAP sensor located in the ECU. A few weeks back, the car went into limp mode throwing MAP sensor fault code.

I replaced the pipe to the ECU and had a quick look in the ECU at the sensor. When i removed the small pipe to, there was loads of oil inside it when i squirted electrical cleaner in it.

Anyway, i cleaned it up best i could and replaced the pipes and the fault code went - engine running much better now.

I have black smoke now on hard acceleration though - replaced the MAF sensor with a new genuine vw one and tested for boost leaks - holds 15 psi and very slowly drops down (maybe 5 psi in 5-6 seconds), so other bits look ok.

I`d really like to replace the MAP snesor with new, but its difficult to do this when its in the ECU. Is ti possible to replace it with the later one thats mounted in the air intake pipe?

I`ve read that you can, but can`t find any specifics anywhere! Is the early and late air intake pipes the same part number and wiring help, etc.

Cheers, Mike