Caliper bracket bolt torque value

dak503

TDI
2013 passat se
Hello,all
I'm about to change my front brake pads and rotors on my 2013 passat SE after 75k. I'm looking for the torque value of the bolts that hold the caliper bracket on. And the bolt for the caliper also.
TIA Dave

rollcoal

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I've got the the same exact same question. I started working on the rear brakes and rotors tonight. I got one corner done but couldn't find the torque spec for the caliper bracket bolts. For now, I set the caliper bracket bolts to 90 ft-lbs. Seemed tight enough but I'd like to know the exact spec. I read somewhere that the caliper bolts are between 22 and 26 foot-pounds. However, I couldn't get my torque wrench on it anyways...so I went by feel.

Just a heads up, I had a tough time getting the caliper bracket bolts off. I had to jack the car way up in the air and use a 16 inch breaker bar. Anything longer would hit the floor. I also heated the bolt with a 1200°F heat gun. I'm unsure if this had any effect. I wasn't approaching it scientifically.

Also, the rotor was stuck on the hub pretty good. A couple blast of PB Blaster in the holes on the hub and a few wacks with the dead-blow and off if came.

dak503

TDI
2013 passat se
Hey, Rollcoal, I called my local VW dealer and the girl in the service dept said why should i give you the torque specs. So you can give it to another shop that's doing the work for you. I told her i was doing the work myself and she sarcastically said i have a service tech call you. Well that never happened. So after a few hours of searching i found the 1A auto video on you tube. It specifies for the front 90 FT LBS on the 22 mm bolts on the bracket and 30 FTLBS on the caliper bolts. I did the rears last year. I think i read somewhere the rear bracket is 66FT LBS plus 1/4 turn. I didn't know that the bolt was triple square drive and i stripped the bolt and destroyed the socket. Now i try to read up as much info as i can before i start a job. Hope this helps you. Dave