Need some help - What are these?

Christiank

TDI
MK5 2.0
Hey guys.
I've started to take apart an 2.0BKD engine I will rebuild.

However when I removed the oilpan I saw these small parts in it?

Can anyone tell me what they are and where the has to be placed normally :D?

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
Have you run this engine before, or did you buy it used and not running? It looks like it could be some pins from a roller bearing. If that's the case, it's important to find out from what bearing it came from. Perhaps it was from a previous failure.

Christiank

TDI
MK5 2.0
I haven't had the engine running when I recieved it. It's sold as fully working order.. But guess that's hard of these aren't in the correct location - which I doubt is in the oil pan , ha!

Roller bearing? - Could I get you to find a picture of it for me? Then I'll check tomorrow if these pins are missing, if possible to check it..

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
I meant roller bearing as a type of bearing, or a needle bearing. I've not torn far enough into one of these engines to see if these type of bearings are present, only ever pulled the head. I think the pilot bearing is a needle bearing. Hopefully a guru like Oilhammer or Frank will chime in. I'll have to take a look at the Bentley and see if there's any other needle bearings in the engine.

My father actually discovered not too long ago that there was a 3/8" extension in the oil pan of his 440.

Christiank

TDI
MK5 2.0
Thanks crazyrunner33, I have a few buddies that say it could be from the oil pump?

Rembrant, yeah this engine is a PD

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
Ahhhhhh, I think the 2.0 BKD is a roller rocker cam instead of flat tappet. I'd hunt for damage on the top end, or signs of a previous failure.