Got an offer email

RSTX

Veteran Member
Well, the wheels are rolling! I received an email stating:

"The offer letter for your claim with reference number, XXXXXXXX, for VIN XXXXXXXX is now available on the Online Claims Portal.

Please click here to visit the Online Claims Portal and view and download your offer letter.

Your offer letter will include instructions concerning what steps to take if you decide to accept the offer. Please note that you will be required to sign the document in the presence of a notary in order to accept the offer and move to the next step in obtaining your selected remedy."

I am at work now and don't want to open such things here, but will view it asap when I get home. Pretty exciting!

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf TDI, 13 CC R-Line (wifey's)
Sweet! Let us know if the buyback offer is what you expected it to be.

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
Congrats! when were you accepted?
P.S. def not right for those who are still waiting to be accepted.

Last edited:

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
Got my offer letter as well. Submitted my documents on 9/1, approved on 9/18. The offer amount plus the mileage adjustment puts me about $24K, paid $20K out the door. So yeah the settlement amount is about what I expected. Off to the notary to get the documentation done. Then I will scan and upload the information.

Jim

phrinda

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI- bought back
My dates were Sep 18/Oct 13 and I have received nothing yet. So it appears that dates submitted/accepted are not necessarily the driving factor here.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Got my offer letter as well. Submitted my documents on 9/1, approved on 9/18. The offer amount plus the mileage adjustment puts me about $24K, paid $20K out the door. So yeah the settlement amount is about what I expected. Off to the notary to get the documentation done. Then I will scan and upload the information.

Jim
I am already getting the feeling that these too are being processed in a somewhat random order.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L

Jim
You mean 10/1 and 10/18?

You couldn't even submit documents until mid-September, and no one else had theirs accepted until mid-October.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
More than likely. Certainly have not seen any rhyme or reason to the order of the processing/letters. But I will continue to update as I move thru this process. So those that are still pending have some idea of what takes place.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
You mean 10/1 and 10/18?

You couldn't even submit documents until mid-September, and no one else had theirs accepted until mid-October.
Your correct.. days are starting to run together. I really need a vacation.

dje502

TDI
gone
Just got mine also. Uploaded documents 9/27. Accepted 10/19. It says you can upload, fax, or mail signed documents, with upload giving the quickest results.
Offer identical to what was stated when I first registered.

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
seems like a good wave is coming in...lets hope Friday is a productive day for many of us.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Got both of mine today, about 30 mins apart as I was leaving for work.

Already got one notarized and re-submitted. Will submit the other one tomorrow.

Submitted my ownership doc Sept 17.

MrWrench

TDI
2014 Jetta premium/nav
I submitted my docs around 9/20 and received the confirmation on 10/21. I read somewhere that they are doing them in the order they were received.

tkdcmpedude

TDI
2015 Golf S
I submitted my docs around 9/20 and received the confirmation on 10/21. I read somewhere that they are doing them in the order they were received.
I received my confirmation on 10/18 and have yet to see an email like people in this thread speak of. I am sure there is a level of logic behind who is seeing these in the order they are but being so early it is hard to detect yet.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I read somewhere that they are doing them in the order they were received.
Yes, that's what they seem to be telling people, but it clearly isn't what's happening. People who submitted documents last week have had them accepted, while some who submitted 6 weeks ago haven't yet. I submitted three within a couple of hours of each other on 9/17; one's been accepted, and the other two haven't.

I don't believe the order is truly random; I suspect there is some actual order going on. But I haven't seen a good suggestion of what that order is, and it certainly isn't simply in the order in which they were submitted.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
When you upload your notarized offer, what does the claims portal say for the turnover time to approve the notarized offer? "10 Business days"?

phrinda

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI- bought back
Yeah, they are definitely not going in document order. Some of the people that have received letters submitted their docs after mine were accepted (9/18-10/13).

So I agree, there probably is an order. It just isn't one that we can discern.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
It says nothing with regards to turn around after I submitted the notarized doc.

It states:

Step 17: Validation

Final Offer: Document received and under review.

bfrink

TDI
2015 Audi A3
When you upload your notarized offer, what does the claims portal say for the turnover time to approve the notarized offer? "10 Business days"?
No, no timeline is given. I would hope it would be no more than 1-2 business days; it's a very simple review: check signature, check buyback/fix option, check notarized release.