Response from VW today

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Damn I think your right. Got to excited and confused last 12 hours. Never have I driven a car for almost free and get almost all my money back. Crap i still haven't paid for a oil change first 30000 miles or 3 years was was covered from dealer. Same brakes and tires. Just diesel and insurance.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
Well this is quite good news I would say. I submitted my documents the day or day after the system to upload them went live and I have not heard anything yet but it probably will not be long.

When did the people who have received this email actually submit your documents? I would like to compare my date of submission to yours.
I submitted mine on October 1st and have not heard back from them. Must be first come, first served.

Last edited:

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf TDI, 13 CC R-Line (wifey's)
I submitted both of mine Sept 19th and nothing yet. Both have a loan on them.

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
I submitted both of mine Sept 19th and nothing yet. Both have a loan on them.
I actually got over excited. This is for my JSW which does not have a loan. Looked online in the Portal for my Golf, and no movement

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
I know a guy who recently left VW as a tech to go work for Subaru. Before he left, he was somehow able to see the registrants for that particular dealership, and noted that I was at the top of the list

I submitted my paperwork on 9/18 so there is a chance that I was the first to get it in and completed for my local dealership. If it really is first come first served then this does make sense

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
I received the email to upload required documents today. I put in for keeping the car. must be for getting the $5000 when/if its fixed. but one the required docs wanted is a scan of front and back of title. Washington State issues no titles anymore. They are electronic. But can find no way to view them on DOL website, only to pay a fee for lost title.......I didn't lose it, they never gave me one. Oh the joys of working with the bureaucracy.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
Spoke to a dealer who just met with VW. First rule of the meeting was don't talk about the meeting. What I was able to learn was there will be a rep from a "middleman", lawyers or 3rd party, who will set up in the dealership and we will deal directly with that person, not the dealer. The website will be updated after the finalization of the deal on the 18th. You schedule your appt, bring in your uploaded docs and get a check or direct deposit. There will be a general inspection of your vehicle, i didn't get details. Main issues were absolutely NO advice from the dealer as to buy back or fix, not allowed. Additionally since we "invested" in TDI's I asked if there would be a chance we are still holding our cars in March, the wink wink answer was all systems go for November, they will be geared up to take as many as they can as soon as they can. I'm hoping to not make any November payments!

JasonCz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI Tech
Take this for what its worth, but I just got off the phone with a VW dealership general manager and he commented that he had just got out of a 4 hour meeting with VW on the buyback process. He mentioned that actual buyback appointments would start on Nov. 1 AT THE LATEST. There is a good possibility they would start earlier.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
I received the email to upload required documents today. I put in for keeping the car. must be for getting the $5000 when/if its fixed. but one the required docs wanted is a scan of front and back of title. Washington State issues no titles anymore. They are electronic. But can find no way to view them on DOL website, only to pay a fee for lost title.......I didn't lose it, they never gave me one. Oh the joys of working with the bureaucracy.
Don't pay for a lost title. That's a separate thing from what's going on with your state. When I called my credit union about where I could get a a copy of my title they told me that California had gone paperless and that the powers that be would know what to do in this kind of circumstance. I suspect that you are in a similar situation. I still have a physical title for my two older cars. I wonder if they'll disappear when/if I ever sell them. Seems strange.

jen_madcity

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
I uploaded my documents on the evening of Sept 16 (I believe that was the first day that the upload site was live). I still have the "documents received and under review" status in the portal. No email from VW yet. But my 20-business day deadline should be tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonCz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI Tech
I uploaded my documents on the evening of Sept 16 (I believe that was the first day that the upload site was live). I still have the "documents received and under review" status in the portal. No email from VW yet. But my 20-business day deadline should be tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your 20 business day deadline probably doesn't start until final approval on the 18th.

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
I'm taking my spare tire with me. Need it for car I bought doesn't have one. Damn new cars no spare tire. You think they will notice it missing?

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Oh it's coming. We're all starting to get them slowly. Have a great feeling they want to start the buy backs ASAP. Put this mess behind them.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
Oh it's coming. We're all starting to get them slowly. Have a great feeling they want to start the buy backs ASAP. Put this mess behind them.
I wonder what percentage of people buy new VW's? People will be at VW dealerships with no cars. I think quite a few will end up buying new VW's and it could give them a big bump in the US market.

jen_madcity

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
Your 20 business day deadline probably doesn't start until final approval on the 18th.

That's what I had originally thought. But that is not the case for OP and several others who have received confirmation from VW that they have everything they need to complete the buyback. It would appear that once the gavel falls on Tuesday, for them all that's left is making the appointment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

solBLACK

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE
I wonder what percentage of people buy new VW's? People will be at VW dealerships with no cars. I think quite a few will end up buying new VW's and it could give them a big bump in the US market.
I was just at the dealer yesterday getting an oil change. The guy didn't sound very optimistic about people sticking with VW, but he did hint at possible discounts to try and keep people with VW.

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Stopped by my VW dealer here to use my gift card to get a couple of shirts to give them out to friends as presents during XMAS, LOL. It's like a ghost town. Couple people for service, but sales lobby dead. I'm personally done with VW. Picked up a GLC 300 and I'm happy.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I was just at the dealer yesterday getting an oil change. The guy didn't sound very optimistic about people sticking with VW, but he did hint at possible discounts to try and keep people with VW.
I am going to get a new VW either way. My wife wants a station wagon. And the Outback is painfully slow and handles poorly. The other wagon options are very expensive. So bring on the discounts. I was thinking I would have to wait for them to offer discounts. If they have them right away I will probably buy right away.

The dealership I bought the Sport Wagon at no longer sells VWs which is a shame because I got a great deal last time with no hassles.

phrinda

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI- bought back
I got my email from the claims portal today. It said all docs were verified blah blah blah... Then I went to the portal and the status was changed there as well. I uploaded my docs a day or so after everything went online. I'm pretty sure it's just a "get to it when they get to it" kind of thing.

JasonCz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI Tech
I got my email from the claims portal today. It said all docs were verified blah blah blah... Then I went to the portal and the status was changed there as well. I uploaded my docs a day or so after everything went online. I'm pretty sure it's just a "get to it when they get to it" kind of thing.
Did you have a loan, or did you submit your title?

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
I just uploaded the documents yesterday. I received no email notification that I needed to upload documents. Did anyone else get an email to upload documents?
I don't think they notified me for this. The only notification I got was the initial one asking me to register through the portal site. From there, all else has been me going there to upload docs based on hearing about it on this forum.

apaterso

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2009
Sent my paper work in a month ago and today I received this from VW,

We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number 1*%+#%£. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program after the Settlement Program becomes effective.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody else?

Yup got my update earlier this week, process is apparently in the works. My info is still under review........

radereb

TDI
Jetta
I submitted my documents on the second or third day that the site was live. I have not received anything other than a confirmation that they received the documents. Anyone else in a similar situation?

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Yes, radereb, I uploaded on Sept 19, and got an e-mail an hour ago that "my papers are in order".

radereb

TDI
Jetta
By papers in order, do you mean that your's are still under review? I have not received an email saying that everything is good to go.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
No it says as follows:

We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number 160xxxxx. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program after the Settlement Program becomes effective.

radereb

TDI
Jetta
Okay, I have not received that email but I submitted my paperwork on the 19th as well. I am sure it just takes a while to go through everyone. I am hoping to be near the top because I am in desperate need to get rid of one of my TDIs.