Autometer Gauges?

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Was at my local parts store and saw these gauges at a decent price once I can get some $ for them wondered if this is a good choice.

Duo gauge a pillar pod

Boost 0-35 PSI
EGT 1600F

Autometer Z series

I know 30 is a good one for the boost but would it make a big difference in this case?

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Shadow Blue
doc_m said:
Was at my local parts store and saw these gauges at a decent price once I can get some $ for them wondered if this is a good choice.

Duo gauge a pillar pod

Boost 0-35 PSI
EGT 1600F

Autometer Z series

I know 30 is a good one for the boost but would it make a big difference in this case?
When you start to make any updates to your TDI, you will want to have a set of gauges that do not max-out during use. ie 15" instead of 30".

Take a peek at my pictures as to where you can safely/easily install the pyrometer.

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
still doesn't answer the question though :) about the z series autometer gauges

I know they aren't the vdo led color match ones but....

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
doc_m said:
still doesn't answer the question though :) about the z series autometer gauges

I know they aren't the vdo led color match ones but....
FWIW, as far as autometer goes, the closest i've seen are the cobalt gauges. They are a bit more pricey, but they are pretty close and I wanted all electronic gauges. I have 3 of them. Check out my pics, I put a few in there of my dash

Not too sure about the z series, then again I haven't seen them in person.

hope it's helpful..
-mike

dabear95

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS, Silver
doc,

Don't worry too much about it. Just check the gauges at night and during the day to make sure you like them. If you like them, go for it!

Jason

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
BlueCTTDi said:
FWIW, as far as autometer goes, the closest i've seen are the cobalt gauges. They are a bit more pricey, but they are pretty close and I wanted all electronic gauges. I have 3 of them. Check out my pics, I put a few in there of my dash
Yes, I just got Autometer Cobalt boost gauge. It looks pretty ok. However, I have not seen the illumination yet.

Where can I find your pictures?

Also, where did you connect the +12V and illumination?

Last edited:

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
maloosheck said:
Yes, I just got Autometer Cobalt boost gauge. It looks pretty ok. However, I have not seen the illumination yet.

Where can I find your pictures?

Also, where did you connect the +12V and illumination?
They're in my photo album... (click photos above, then search for me, you'll probably have to re-log in.)

I just used switched power (75x IIRC, but it's been a while. check the how-to guide on the 'tex.), and for illumination you have to tap into the dimmer circuit (see the same guide).

hope this helps.