Today is the day for 3.0's

tdi_sport

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd tdi sport (limited edition) platinum grey and a 1996 dodge cummins diesel 4x4 5sp lots of mods and a 335d stock for now.
Police action you say...exactly what would the police have done?
My father was checking to see if it was alright to protest on the sidewalk with signs and brochures to hand out which explain how the dealership is trying to cheat him. The po po said they had no problem with that.

His intention was to alert the loval television station as well. After he explained to the dealership that he has the blessings of the police they cut him his check.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
My father was checking to see if it was alright to protest on the sidewalk with signs and brochures to hand out which explain how the dealership is trying to cheat him. The po po said they had no problem with that.
His intention was to alert the loval television station as well. After he explained to the dealership that he has the blessings of the police they cut him his check.
Why didn't he just cancel the deal and take the car back and leave? I think some people just love to stir up drama for no reason

tdi_sport

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd tdi sport (limited edition) platinum grey and a 1996 dodge cummins diesel 4x4 5sp lots of mods and a 335d stock for now.
He had already taken posession of a 2015 golf tdi and paid for it.

mrahul

TDI
For the second generation ones, when will invalid duplicate claims fall off? If previous owner sold after Jan 31st, 2017 but still claims it, isn't it invalid?

Lsu1981

TDI
Touareg Sport w/nav 2012
UPDATE on BUYBACK
Timeline so far on the Buyback
May 19 - Docs submitted
May 19 - (initial) review complete
May 31 - ELIGIBLE / Settlement Package available
May 31 - Signed/Notarized Settlement Package uploaded
June 4 - Your acceptance of our settlement offer is complete. The next step in the process is to schedule an appointment (STEP 19)
July 11 - Dealer Appointment
July 13 - Email received from Chase to set up direct deposit (should see monies deposited in 2-3 biz days)
NOTE: I took my Treg off the road in April after purchasing a replacement vehicle (transferred registration, dropped all but comp insurance). Then I used my AAA services to have it trailered to the dealership for turn in. Interestingly the final buyback amount went up by about $1000 from the original settlement .... not sure if this was mileage adjustment or maybe a Bosch settlement was added?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
UPDATE on BUYBACK
Timeline so far on the Buyback
May 19 - Docs submitted
May 19 - (initial) review complete
May 31 - ELIGIBLE / Settlement Package available
May 31 - Signed/Notarized Settlement Package uploaded
June 4 - Your acceptance of our settlement offer is complete. The next step in the process is to schedule an appointment (STEP 19)
July 11 - Dealer Appointment
July 13 - Email received from Chase to set up direct deposit (should see monies deposited in 2-3 biz days)
NOTE: I took my Treg off the road in April after purchasing a replacement vehicle (transferred registration, dropped all but comp insurance). Then I used my AAA services to have it trailered to the dealership for turn in. Interestingly the final buyback amount went up by about $1000 from the original settlement .... not sure if this was mileage adjustment or maybe a Bosch settlement was added?
That was due to mileage adjustment. BOSCH IS SEPARATE check that you will get at some point later on.

Burnt

TDI
A7
I haven't received any money as of yet.

May 25th: Docs submitted
July 12th: Dealer appointment

No email from a bank to wire money over :/

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
If he got $750 from Bosch, there was an Eligible Former Owner who filed a timely claim.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Anybody turning in a t3 touareg that might want to donate some fog lights to worthy cause?

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
If he got $750 from Bosch, there was an Eligible Former Owner who filed a timely claim.
Or an eligible prior lessee. They are unfortunately entitled to $750 based on the 3.0 settlement, but only $2500 from VAG rather than half. I know from experience.