HD Valve Springs for ALH head

deepseafortydog

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen, 2011 Touareg TDI
Greetings. I'm looking for some HD valve springs for an ALH head. Preferably in the US due to time constraints and shipping costs. I saw the Rosten PD springs at NPS, but I need springs sooner if possible.

My old springs are in good condition and have seat pressure of 60-65psi. I'm wondering if any of you have boost near 35psi and 5500 RPM redline - using this or similar seat pressure?

I don't mind using the old springs and maybe shims, but I'd hate to complete this top-end rebuild without proper valve seat pressure and find that I'm getting valve float at high RPM/boost.

Any ideas, comments, or technical expertise that might put my mind at ease?

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Member Franko6 is the man to contact for anything to do with TDI heads.

Frank's VW TDI's, LLC
1007 Olive St.
Lockwood, MO 65682
417-232-4634
FranksTDIs@sbcglobal.net

What are you trying to accomplish? High RPMs are something Diesels don't usually do because of the characteristics of how Diesel burns.

deepseafortydog

Veteran Member
TDI
Member Franko6 is the man to contact for anything to do with TDI heads.

Frank's VW TDI's, LLC
1007 Olive St.
Lockwood, MO 65682
417-232-4634
FranksTDIs@sbcglobal.net

What are you trying to accomplish? High RPMs are something Diesels don't usually do because of the characteristics of how Diesel burns.
Thanks for the replies. I sent Frank a PM earlier.

I'm trying to accomplish the purchase of springs that will yield about 70psi of seat pressure - and quickly. Being on leave 4 states away from my normal garage when the head gasket gives way limits my options.

Always appreciate a little cyber schooling too ;)

deepseafortydog

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks mrchill for the guidance to Tectonics Tuning dual HD valve springs w/90psi seat pressure. Now I just need a ninja delivery from Oregon to TX!!

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
I used comp cams dual springs on the drag car and autotech on the samurai.I can't recall what I put in my daily driver... possibly autotech.