Agenda Driving Event?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yes, anyone can participate. It will be a point-to-point road rally, and you'll be expected to complete it within a "target" time.

FirstOrbit84

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 2-Door Golf TDI
Road rally?? I thought it was more of a cruise... Is a navigator recommended?? If so, any takers?

Next year, I say we get together with the local SCCA chapter and make the driving event an Auto-X!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
A navigator would help. It is a cruise, but it will be timed, and parts of the route are very twisty. A second set of eyes is always a good thing, especially when you're trying to follow turn-by-turn directions. :)

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
FirstOrbit84 said:
Road rally?? I thought it was more of a cruise... Is a navigator recommended?? If so, any takers?

Next year, I say we get together with the local SCCA chapter and make the driving event an Auto-X!
They had a parking lot version in '06 down in Valley Forge - fun, but not without casualties. Someone misjudged a curb and took out a lower radiator hose, and then there was the guy whose motto was "you find 'em, I'll grind 'em!" (almost painful to listen to him run the course).

This also sounds like fun, I will probably participate.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
timed as in fastest wins or you need to do it in a certain time doing different set speeds (like the wis event)? if its like the wis event, i will be doing it in the fastest time, anyone want to be my navigator since my oem navi was confiscated?

FirstOrbit84

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 2-Door Golf TDI
dont think its going to be fastest time. i think its going to be who gets the closest to a preset time.

about to get on the road myself... still looking for a navi.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
It is not fastest time. If we were doing fastest time, we'd be doing it at 2am, and I would win. :)

The target time is based on the average speed limit with an average number of red traffic lights.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yeah, there are only a handful of lights on the route though... just at the beginning. :)

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
Post Rally

Hey that was a fun run, had a feeling I should take it easy while going down the GW Parkway. Did anyone get caught by the speed trap. Only way maybe better would be on a motorcycle. Don't think I would try that one in the dark with any real speed though.

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
Now that the Banquet is over, wondering what the results of the Rally were.