Poll for Gen 2 PC owners-What happens on Dec 20?

What gets announced on Dec 20?

• Fix Approved, 2 PC cars not gonna get a BB

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No announcement, clock ticking at $500/month

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No approved fix, BB anticipated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
I don't really care THAT much. I just wish I had put a little bit more of my money somewhere else.

Big R

TDI
2015 Audi A3, 2015 Audi Q5
Are we gonna get richer, or screwed like the Gen 2 SUV owners
Maybe I'm being naive...how is anyone getting "screwed"? Car is being fixed, fabulous warranty. VW and Bosch payments seem not unreasonable to compensate for decreased performance and diminution in value.

What am I missing?

...not trying to pick a fight, just genuinely interested.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Cars purchased by speculators are just a small fraction of the total cars in the used market.

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
Maybe I'm being naive...how is anyone getting "screwed"? Car is being fixed, fabulous warranty. VW and Bosch payments seem not unreasonable to compensate for decreased performance and diminution in value.
What am I missing?
Because the fix in no way helps performance or gas mileage, and in many owners' opinions has negatively affected the driving experience compared to the way the vehicle drove before the fix. The restitution payment on these expensive vehicles doesn't appear to equal the higher depreciation they have experienced and is not compensatory enough for the time and trouble experienced by the 3.0 gen 2 owners.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Because the fix in no way helps performance or gas mileage, and in many owners' opinions has negatively affected the driving experience compared to the way the vehicle drove before the fix. The restitution payment on these expensive vehicles doesn't appear to equal the higher depreciation they have experienced and is not compensatory enough for the time and trouble experienced by the 3.0 gen 2 owners.
Depreciation?
I'm looking at trading my 2014 Q5 TDI Premium Plus, and I am getting offers in the mid 20's. I paid about $50K. With the $10K in payments from Audi and Bosch, I estimate my monthly cost to own was $250/month. That seems to me to be a pretty solid cost to own a luxury small SUV.

The $10,000 is equal to about $200/month compensation for the 50-52 months I owned the vehicle. Seems fair to me.

Don't really see the problem, unless there is a large percentage of vehicles (more than 10-15%) having issues after the fix.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
What am I missing?
Well, if a person paid MSRP ($75K) for a 2014 A7 Prestige and now it's only worth $33-35K I can see how they feel that they were screwed. Even with the $11K from VW/Bosch in hand that's a bit of depreciation. .

Lars42

TDI
2014 A7
Well, if a person paid MSRP ($75K) for a 2014 A7 Prestige and now it's only worth $33-35K I can see how they feel that they were screwed. Even with the $11K from VW/Bosch in hand that's a bit of depreciation. .
Well said! I have a '14 A7 Prestige and feel totally screwed! They should have gave the option for a buyback, instead they have alienated the rest of us. This is my second TDI owned a '12 Q7 as well, however after this experience I will never buy another one. The comment earlier about stopping and having the Def refilled at the dealer may work great for people that live close to their dealership... I live 2 hours away from the nearest dealership so that is not even a feasible option.

Burnt

TDI
A7
Same boat here with a 14' A7 TDI. Called the dealership to get my bearings fix, hear a whirling noise. They told me they don't know about any fix so far, will update me for my appointment next couple weeks.

socialpro

TDI
A6 TDI
So can we go in for the fix yet? Anybody have info on what happens from here? I'd like to do the fix, get remainder of cash and throw her up for sale!